Chapter 1

Gwen's POV:

I woke up to the beautiful sounds of text messages flooding my phone. Sitting up straight, I slowly flicked my hair. Placing my legs to the side of the bed, I grabbed my phone. I started reading through the messages. I softly smiled. As I got up from the bed, I made my way to my mirror, I still did not feel pretty enough. My green-emerald eyes slowly saddened but I wore my shiny bright smile and stopped myself from the depressing thoughts. 

"Darling, you need to get ready for school!" My mum called out from downstairs. 

"Yeah!" I yelled back. Walking towards my bathroom, I started doing my normal routine. I took a step in the lukewarm water and sighed in relief as the sprinkles splashed onto my back. A shower like this in the morning was always the best. After showering; I opened my wardrobe and laced my fingers through my clothes, my hand stopped on a particular one. I smiled brightly as I took out the sunflower dress. It had a white collar and its length reached just above my knees. I slipped it on and I twirled. "A pretty dress"

 Walking towards my shoe rack, I decided on my favourite ASOS jelly heeled sandals. I sprayed some perfume on and made my way downstairs. My brother, as usual, was watching the news, so boring. 

"Sweetie, I don't know why you wear such expensive clothing nowadays. It's like you want to impress someone." My mum said as she placed my breakfast on the table.  

 The thoughts came back, I have a reputation to uphold. I shook the thoughts away and faked a smile. "I don't need to impress anyone," I replied back, flicking my hair. She studied me for a while, watching me carefully.

"Just remember to not forget who you truly are." She replied as she placed her hands on her hips. I nodded my head and smiled. 

"I already know who I am," I replied. After finishing breakfast, my brother James decided to drop me off at school. I was always pretty grateful towards James but I never really spoke up about it. 

"Ew, news!" I exclaimed when he turned the radio on and tuned into politics and shootings. He glared at me, "And you are expecting me to play your cliche teen songs?", I gave him a glare back. "Whatever." 

He shook his head and we finally arrived.

"Thank you for the ride, enjoy your day at college!" I replied to my brother with a smile, he smiled back. I waited until he was finally gone, please don't go. 

Walking towards my group of friends, they all smiled at me... everyone in school was staring as we entered school grounds. 

"Hey, Gwen..." My boyfriend made his way towards me. 

"Hey, babe!" He pulled me into a tight hug and twirled me around. 

"Guess what? We got a new student." Brody replied as he placed his arm around me. 

"Oh yeah, apparently people say he's a transfer from like London or something." Melissa yelped as we continued to walk towards our homeroom class. We continued to walk towards the classroom, someone was surrounded by many girls. I couldn't see who it was...probably it's the new guy? 

Brody took his arm off me and glared at how many girls the new guy was attracting. I walked towards the boy, all girls immediately separated in a straight line and made me go through. My eyes checked him out, he was...he...was.....handsome. He was no joke, a model that just came out of one of the hot boy magazines. The guy glanced up and I nearly melted, his eyes were the colour of hazel and his hair was messy but it made him look hotter, he wore a pair of glasses and was currently reading a book. I held out my hand for him to shake,"Hi...I'm Gwen." He simply looked at my hand and glanced back to read his book once again.

Everyone in the room stayed quiet, some girls gasped and whispered. No one..has EVER rejected me before,  I stood in front of him dumbfounded. This has never happened to me before.

"It's really rude to ignore someone when they're speaking directly to you," I replied as calmly as I could. "No, it's not...It's ruder when your talking to someone who you know is reading a book." He replied, with his British accent. It was evident that there was a bit of anger and annoyance laced into that sentence. He smirked and pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose. 

I gasped and walked away. He will pay for his rudeness. 

-------------------------------------

I hope you like this story! (: