Hurt

I've been hurt too many times before. You say the same thing. You also say you won't ever purposely hurt me, and I want to believe you. I really do. But how am I to believe that when I've been hurt before? We are two broken souls, both too scarred to be fixed. You've hardened your heart and I've lost trust. You lost faith in humanity and I've lost faith in not being hurt again. It's like we've been fed poison and it's slowly ruining us. We can't stop it without the help of a doctor, but where is that doctor? He's missing from the scene so until he appears we will save ourselves. We will take a step forward even when we know we're gonna take a step back. But until that step back happens, I will trust you with my broken, scarred, and dark heart, if only you will do the same. I'm wanting to trust again and I want to be able to be free of all the hurt. Can you help me? Can you free me from this cycle of being hurt? Or are we forever trapped in the vicious, endless cycle that we try to call life? I don't know about you but I'm tired of this numb, empty feeling and I want to feel alive, or at least feel something. I want you to be the last person to hurt me, but you've got a life outside of me and I got a life that I try to live. I hope down the road that we will be last person who hurts one another. And I hope we make it to that time. So until then let us live with this dull ache we pain, and let us leave a trail of hurt, and blood behind. I hope you understand me like I understand you. So goodnight JW. Sleep well.

~Taryn