Chapter 2: How It All Started.

Roc Royal’s POV.

(By the way, POV’s will switch between Janelle and Roc every chapter).

I left the bathroom and walked out into the living room, where a long mirror was waiting for me. I looked at myself in it.

“This looks like what we wore at our last concert.” I remarked while examining myself in the mirror.

Prince came up next to me in the mirror to look at himself. We were both wearing faded jeans and black varsity jackets.

“Well they won’t notice. The people here didn’t go to our last concert. If they did, we wouldn’t be here.” He said, patting his large curly afro. I shook my head. I was kind of nervous. This was my first time doing something like this. The boys and I came to a rich neighborhood in LA to do a surprise concert in the middle of the park. No one knew we were hear, that’s why we were hiding for now in Ray’s girlfriend’s house.

Ray and Ti’Anna, Ray’s girl, came out from the back of the house wearing a crop top and sweats.

“What are y’all still doing here? The concert should’ve started already.” She said.

“Roc keeps complaining about his clothes.” Prod explained.

“I’m not complaining, I’m just saying that I want something different. To impress the people.” I defended myself. This was the thing about being in a boy-band—sometimes you had to stand alone on a decision while everyone else hated on you.

“I know what this is about.” Maria said suddenly, sitting on the couch next to her boyfriend, Prodigy—or Craig, as his mother called him.

“What do you think this is about Ria?” I asked her, sitting next to them on the couch.

“You want to impress that famous person. Remember Ricky said that there was a famous family that lived nearby?” She said. I did actually remember that our manager told us there was a famous person around here. But I guess that was a part of why I wanted to look so good. I was just feeling really subconscious right now.

“Look, can we leave please? I’m ready to do this.” Princeton said, emerging from the bathroom where he was getting his finishing-touches on his look done. He always took the longest to get dressed. Prod, Ray and I nodded, and we put on the beanie hats that were supposed to be our disguise and began to head towards the door. Ray kissed Ti’Anna briefly, and Prod and Maria kissed too.

Seeing all of them together kind of made me miss my girl, Sapphire. She was mad at me for the moment because of my ex.

But I didn’t want to think about that. I wanted to focus on performing.

The air outside was fresh. It was pretty quiet while the four of us walked together, and I enjoyed that moment. I let the three of them talk to each other, and I took this time to think about things I had been worrying about.

First of all, I had a dream that I left the group and went solo. And my Grandmama always told me to go with what your dreams lead you to. But I didn’t know exactly what she meant. I haven’t told the boys yet. They’ll just think I’m tripping on them.

And I don’t know what to do about Sapphire. Honestly, it’s been some time since I’ve been in a relationship with a girl that I really want to keep. So now that she’s mad at me, I don’t know what to do. And my ex-girlfriend, Masey, is so in love with me that it would hurt both of us if I totally ignored her. I’m stuck.

There is one last thing on my mind. I haven’t been taking drugs, but I’ve been having the strangest visions. It’s like…it’s like I’m seeing someone that I’m supposed to meet, and that person has the same problems I do. I’m kind of looking forward to meeting that person, whoever it may be.

“Oh my God.” Prod said suddenly. We all looked toward where we was looking, and I couldn’t help but saying ‘Oh my God’ too.

The place was flooded with people. They were all screaming at the top of their lungs. I couldn’t make out what they were saying.

“What are they saying?” I yelled over the noise.

“Mindless, idiot! They’re saying Mindless. They’re ready for us!!” Ray-Ray announced excitedly. We all took a back-route to avoid the crowd, and made our way to the middle of the park. We stood there on the mini-stage that was prepared for us, and looked out to the crowd.

It was probably over 20,000 people.

“Are y’all ready for Mindless Behavior?!” We yelled in unison. The crowd went wild, of course. The band appeared behind us, and the speakers were all ready. I said a quick prayer—as I always did before our concerts—and then we sang.

I have to admit, it was fun. It was just me, my boys, the fans, and the music. That’s all I really needed to be myself. We performed for an hour and a half straight, and then there was an intermission.

We were supposed to sign autographs during the break. Keywords: supposed to.

“Thank you so much!” The annoying girl with the blonde hair said as she walked away. When she left the signing table, me and Prince laughed at how obsessed with us she was.

The moment she left was when things began to get a little off-course for me.

Since we were outdoors, not everyone that was here wanted to see us. Other people were just in the park because they were allowed to be. At first, there was a guy walking around looking like he was searching for something, so I waved to him to let him know that the autograph table was over here.

So he walked over, and when he did I realized that he didn’t want my autograph. I wanted his autograph.

“Hey, you’re Roc Royal right?” He asked. My mouth was wide open. I still couldn’t get over the fact that Tyga—the actual Tyga—had just walked up to the table.

“Uh, yeah, that’s um…Yeah, that’s me.”  I stuttered. He laughed. I could tell he knew I was nervous.

He wore a red beanie hat, a white T-shirt, and jeans. From afar, I would never know he was a celebrity.

“Lemme talk to you for a second.” He said.

So I nervously left the table and followed him to a quieter area of the park, and we sat on a bench.

“I told my daughter I was on tour still, but I came back last night. I wanted to give her a surprise.” Tyga began to explain to me. I nodded.

“The surprise involves you. I need you to do me a big favor. It’ll help you and my daughter.” He continued.

I didn’t know what to think. I kind of wanted to get back to the autograph table, because fans were waiting for me there.

But this was Tyga.

“Sure, I’ll do it.”

“I can’t have a daughter that’s just known for being my daughter. She needs to do something. So I want you to help her with a record deal. Just make a quick song with her, and then we’ll see where it goes from here. I might even sign you to my label.” He smiled at the last sentence.

I sighed. Of course, he wanted to help his daughter make money, which is automatically making him money. He didn’t think I was talented or anything—I was just famous and had a fan-base, so I could help.

I told him I would get back to him on that. In the meantime, I had to try to find that person in my daydreams.

A/N: I know the first two chapters weren’t all that. But these were just to get the story started, and it’ll get better from here, I promise!