Chapter Eighteen: Interrupted

(Robin's P.O.V)

        As we stepped out of the dark theatre, I cringed at the brightness of the sun.  It had been an alright movie, a little too upbeat for my taste, but Angel seemed to enjoy it. It seemed to take everything she had not to go skipping around the theatre after the movie ended. She seemed so childish, but at the same time when you looked into her steel blue eyes, you could see the pain and fear inside them. It was as though she had her own masked she was wearing. Like Bruce, she hides her true feeling, but  I wasn't sure if she wore it to hide what was inside from the world, or from herself. 

    After we had left the theatre, I suggested that we go to the fair and ride some rides and Angel agreed happily. Oh, I keep forgetting, Angel isn't supposed to go by Angel in public. She's supposed to go by Krystal, Krystal with a k. "Hey Krystal, have you ever tried cotton candy," I asked her on the car ride there. She shook her head sadly while looking out the window. "Wait, how have you never tried cotton candy," I said confused.

   "My parents found that sweets were a waste of time and should not be given to children," she said staring at the passing streets, "I don't think I have ever tried anything like cotton candy." I was completely dumbfound, how was candy not for kids? 

     "Well, then I guess you better try some when we get there," I said laughing slightly. She giggled and continued to stare out the window. 

    Not long after we made it to the fair and bought some tickets, I found myself being pulled on a frightening rollercoaster. Krystal eagerly held on and screamed in joy when we went on a steep dive. I yelled along with her and laughed when the ride was done. "Come on Richard, let's go on this ride," she said and tugged my arm. I laughed and let her tug me to the next ride.

    After the third time on her new favorite rollercoaster, I finally convinced her to try some cotton candy. I watched as she took a bite and smiled when her eyes widened in amazement. "So you like cotton candy," I said and she nodded eagerly. I laughed and let her pull me into a line for another ride when all of a sudden my phone rang. I pulled it out and saw it was Bruce who was calling. "What do you need," I said as I answered the phone.

   "I need you and Angel to get home now, I have a mission for the team," he said before clicking off. I sighed then looked over at her as she peered over the heads of the people in the line.

   "Hey Krystal," I said causing her to turn and look at me. "We have to go," I said gently, "There is a mission for us." She nodded sadly and took my hand as I pulled her through the crowd and toward the exit. "Hey," I said lifting her chin, "We can come back tomorrow." She smiled causing me to smile back. "Come on, let's get back," I told her and we got in the car.  The trip home seemed shorter than the ride there and we pulled in long before I expected. "So did you have fun," I asked as I helped her out of the car. She nodded and bounded into the house and ran over to Bruce. He smiled down at her and ruffled her hair. 

   I quickly went and changed into my uniform before heading down to the Batcave. "You ready," Batman asked as he type in his ID code. I nodded and followed after him to the mountain. Most of the team was already there including Angel and Flame, so I took a seat next to them. Batman sighed and glanced at the clock, clearly annoyed at the fact not everyone was here. Wally was late, like always and by the time he showed up Batman was beyond annoyed. "Take a seat," Batman told Wally as he rushed in the room. Wally's eyes widen and he took the nearest seat. 

    "Now that everyone is here," Batman said as he glared at Wally, who flinched, "the League needs the team to do a stealth mission." The team sat up at this and their attention clicked on. "Half of the team will go undercover while the other half we get the target," Batman said, "You will be infiltrating Lex Incorporated." I saw Superboy clenched his fist and Angel flinched at the name Lex. "Aqualad, Robin, Angel and Superboy," Batman said turning toward us, "You will be the ones that will get the target. I will explain later what the target is." 

------------------------------------------------------A/N--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry! Please do not kill me! School tends to get in the way of writting and I am trying my best to write.

Anyway I wanted to recomend Bundle of Jay by Lalaland37. It's an awesome story and it deserves to be read!! So read it people!