Chapter Six: Who is That?

• Dedicated to Diane Parsons

        (Angel's P.O.V)

        I fled from them and went deeper into Cadmus and waited until they left. I was rash and showed myself to them. I knew Superboy would keep my secret of who I was, but that wouldn’t mean the Justice League wouldn’t get evolved. They wouldn’t find anything in Cadmus about me, not even in James’s memories. I erased everything about me and the only thing left was a USB port that I had downloaded notes into. I watched and listened as the team tried to tell them about me.

        “You have to believe us,” said Kid Flash, “she fought the blockbuster monster as though he was nothing!”

         Batman shook his head, “if what you saying it true then we have to find her. She seems that she fights for us, but we can’t be sure.” Superboy clenched his fist causing Batman to look up. “Is there something you know about this mystery girl?” Batman asked.

        “Yeah, she isn’t originally from Cadmus,” he paused, “and I promised her to keep her secrets.”

        Batman’s eyes narrowed, “what secrets?” but Superboy just shook his head. “I am going down into Cadmus and see if there is anything on her.”

        Superboy muttered, “You won’t find anything, she would have erased it before she escaped. So they wouldn’t be able to do it again.”

        Superman walked over and placed his hand on Batman’s shoulder “do what again,” his voice tight with concern.

        “I don’t know she never told me, just that she viewed herself as a monster.” Superboy replied.

        I gripped the USB port and watched as Batman descended into Cadmus. Somehow I would have to tell them about me but I couldn’t do it now. Carol, are you there? Superboy asked.

         I’m here. I replied.

        Why don’t you come out and talk to them? I sighed,

        I can’t, I was made to destroy them and I can’t let that happen. I heard him gasp and caused Superman to look up puzzled.

         “What’s wrong umm Superboy?” he asked.

        “The way I talked to her was through telepathic ways. Carol just told me why she was here, but I’m not going to betray her.” Superboy's voice raising. Just then Batman came out from Cadmus and he didn't look happy.

        “I couldn't find anything on her all I could tell is that someone had it wiped. They can't be that far from here we should search for them.” He told everyone. I gasped causing him and Superman to turn my way, but I was invisible and undetectable. 

***************************************************************************************************               

        “Who was that girl anyway Supey?” Kid Flash asked as he seemed to inhale a bag of chips.

         “A friend who was trying to escape Cadmus.” I responded sharply.

        “So what's her name?” he said with a mouth full of chips.

         “I'm not telling you. If she had wanted you to know stuff about her she would of stopped to chat,” my voice harsh

        . Kid Flash put his hands up and said defensively, “okay, okay I was just asking!” He ran off toward the kitchen. I sighed angrily, No wonder she didn't come out to talk to the Justice League.

****************************************************************************************************

       (Angel's P.O.V)

         I sat silently as I watch Dick Grayson. I was keeping a careful watch over the team and made sure nothing happened to them. Since they had help Superboy and I escape from Cadmus, the Light had been trying to get to them. They tried to attack Wally the day before and failed. I sighed as I watched Dick left the school. I jumped down and followed him, but he stopped a couple of blocks from the Wayne Manor. “Who's there?” he asked as he turned around. I froze hiding in the shadow of a building. “I suggest you come out of your hiding spot,” he called. I stepped out of the shadow and waited for his reaction. I no longer wore the solar suit (which did no good for me anyways) but had changed it. Now I had a black leather jacket and black pants with black combat boots. “You’re the girl from Cadmus! What are you doing here,” he asked. I reached into my pocket and took out the USB port holding it tightly.

        “I don't expect you to trust me and I doubt you will after reading this but I wanted this to reach the league,” I told him as I tossed him the USB port.

        He caught it quickly and asked, “What’s on this that is so important for the Justice League to know?”

         I turned around and started walking away but called over my shoulder, “it’s from Cadmus, everything there was on me. Before I wiped the computers.” He stood there stunned while looking down at the USB port, then he started running toward the Manor.