Chapter Two: New Test

• Dedicated to Breanna Tarras

        It had been three years since I was taken and placed into Cadmus and I was certainly not the same girl. Now scares lined my pale skin from the brutal test and the haunting one from the night I lost everything. They took away my parents, my independents, my hope and even how I looked. Now darkness threatened to take hold of me as I fought to stay alive and fought not to be the monster they wanted me to be.I glanced in the cracked mirror as I brushed my hair and teeth to see once more what they had done to me. A scar ran down my face from my forehead to my jaw just barely missing my eye.That had been a painful test and it was the newest scar though it wasn't the worst one I had. My once brown eyes now dull and lifeless blue, reflecting the lost hope inside me. My room was lined with holes and scratches from my anger or times when my mind was lost to the pain I was felling.

         The gray doors to my room slid open and James walked in with his clipboard in hand. He was the only scientist that had known me for the whole time I had been at Cabmus and was the first one I had talked to. "Hello, Carol are you ready for some more testing today," his asked cheerfully. I flinched internally but nodded my head. He smiled and gestured for me to walk out the door and go to the "pods" where they do most of my testing. I strode toward the science room with James at my heels and two armed guards. I saw Henry (the random redhead) and he only to watch him stumble and run into a wall making me shake my head. I stepped through the gray sliding doors of the testing room and saw that yet again I was going to be strapped to the pods. "Well, you know the drill Carol, today you are in a pod," James sighed.

         "Today we are going to test a new creation called G-Gnomes,"he said as he tightened the metal clamps around my arms and legs, " What will happen is that the G-Gnomes will enter into your mind with their telepathic power and see if they can teach you dragon style martial arts." The pod's transparent doors closed and James went to a door to open it to revile three small gray creatures. He picked them up and placed them in their own small pods but without binds. "Okay let's get started, shall we? Okay, G-Gnomes start entering into her mind and begin." His voice was tense. Their little horns on their head glowed red and then flashes of images entered my head. I don't know how long it took for them to finished but by the time they were finished my mind was reeling. James undid the clasps and I slumped into his arm causing him to stumble back. "I guess that is a lot of information that you have been given. I think it is best that you sleep on it," he whispered gently. I was with him and I crumpled asleep. 

         I woke up in my room and my mind was clouded. From the fresh new false memories the G-Gnomes had given me a Martial Arts Master said, "The best way to clear a clouded mind is to meditate and disconnect yourself from the world." I sat up in crossed my legs imitating the proper meditation position.  I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing letting my new memories etch themselves into my mind. Slowly I shifted through them as though they were pictures and data files. Each one was detail and each one was hard to absorb, but I had learned how to take down hard to understand things.  Nearly an hour later I had completely went through my memories and decided to see if I could do the things implanted into my head. I did a few simple kicks (another hole in the wall) and tested out flipping. It seemed as though I had always known how to do these things. My kicks were spotless and I even did two back flips in the air.  Once I landed James came through the doors smiling. "Well, It seems as though the Martial Art training worked," he laughed, "though I don't think this room needs anymore holes. Tomorrow we will be doing the same thing again but this time it with be the Eagle style of Martial Arts."

         He left after a gentle hug and ruffle of my hair. I sighed and sat on my bed. I had always known that I was being transformed into a weapon, but I have I wanted to know what I was supposed to take down. It seemed as though I had finally gotten a break and I decided that I wanted to go on the internet and see what was going on in the world. I knocked on the door gently and the door slid open. Two guards followed me close by my side and I entered the computer room. Recently they had let me get on the computer and see what was going on in the world. As long as I don't try to communicate with someone that is.