Prologue

A/N

Hi lol. Instead of actually updating my other books, I decided to make this one ahah.

I realised that I make prologues for every single story I make.

I groaned, this wasn't fun. Dying wasn't fun. Out of all the deaths I could have, this was the one I ended up with? Ugh, definitely not fun. You may be wondering what the fuck is happening and what I'm going through right now, right? Right. So, I'm a college student, and I'm on campus. Thing is, this crazy dude (who was probably on drugs) came in the school with a fucking gun (don't bother asking what model it was - I'm dying and I don't know shit about guns). They started shooting up the place and well... I got hit. So, that's why I'm dying. I could've died a peaceful death, or a heroic death, but instead, I'm a victim. I looked down at my right side. The bullet was lodged in there and I was bleeding. So. Much. Blood. I spotted one of my classmates from my physics course. She saw me and rushed over.

"Martin! Oh god, oh god..." She said, trailing off as she saw my wound. I smiled weakly.

"Hey Alice. Ahah, nice to see you before... you know", I joked wearily. She forced a laugh. I worked with the blonde before, for a project. We got a 79% on that. She was nice. She sat down next to me and ripped a piece of her skirt off (how she did that, I do not know). She tried to wrap it around my side. I smile turned into a pained grimace as she put pressure on the bullet wound. She muttered an apology and tightened the fabric around my waist. I winced.

"Geez Alice, you didn't have to hurt me in the process", I whispered. She shook her head and smiled at me sadly. My eyelids felt heavy and I lazily stared down at my side, the once blue cotton of my shirt had turned into a dark red. Alice's pink skirt was stained with blood too. Alice saw my eyes droop.

"No no no no... Martin, stay with me, please. Think of Sarah, how would she feel if her older brother died? Come on Martin. How would your parents feel?" She said frantically, patting my cheek softly. I widened my eyes a little. Sarah, she was in her senior year at high school, she didn't need me dying on her and causing her to panic (which would most likely drop her grades a little). But I wanted to let go. I wanted to give in. Pretty weak of me, I know, but I would get to see Grandpa again. That would be pretty cool. I missed him...

"But I wanna sleep Alice. Can I sleep? I promise I'll wake up..." I murmured. God, I feel like a fucking toddler. She shook her head. I sighed. But seriously, my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. Alice then gasped.

"Martin, Martin, there's the police, and I can hear sirens. Is it the ambulance?" Alice said happily. I tried to smile, but my face didn't seem to work. Alice looked down at me. "Martin?"

"I'm still alive, don't worry", I mumbled. She sighed in relief. Then we heard shouting.

"HEY! HEY! OVER HERE! WE GOT TWO PEOPLE. ONE OF THEM IS INJURED". I felt hope for the girl next to me bubble in my chest. I glanced up at Alice. She had the largest smile on her face. I laughed bitterly. At least I got to see something nice before I die.

"CAN WE GET A MEDIC OVER HERE?!" Someone yelled. They were approaching us.

I nudged her and she looked at me.

"Hey, guess you'll be saved", I said, my expression happy. Her smile dropped as she heard the singular.

"You mean we'll be saved". I shook my head, staring sadly with half lidded eyes. Her eyes widened. "Martin... No no no... come on, hold on for a little longer. You need to see a doctor".

"I'm sorry Alice... Tell Sarah that she can have my switch. Tell my family that I love them and I'm sorry"

"No... No, Martin. Please stay with me"

"Tell mama and papa that I get to see Grandpa again", I whispered. Alice stared at me with teary eyes and nodded.

"Ok. Ok, I'll tell them", Alice whispered back. I smiled and closed my eyes. Fuck, this turned into a sad and dramatic ass ending, huh? Now, that was fun.