~XXXIX~

a/n

im back :) i just had writers block

season 5 came out!!! shinso's so mf fine pls-

who do yall ship ikunori with? im lowkey curious

(in this chapter: a rational deception! an internal crisis! a mall outing! unresolved tension!  the crusty dusty bastard man?! and a mother's love.)

enjoy :)

"Everyone

"Everyone... I'm looking forward... to hearing your stories... about training camp..." Mina sobs. Eijirou, Denki, and Mineta all look downcast behind her. Hanta and I watch on as Izuku tries to comfort them.

"W-we don't know for sure yet! There might be a last minute twist!" Izuku stutters. Ah... my baby brother is so cute...

"Stop, Midoriya... If you say it out loud, you might jinx it..." Hanta warns, placing a hand on Izuku's shoulder.

"If we failed the exams, then we'd have to skip training camp and be in summer school hell," Denki grits out, eyes welling up with tears.

"Ah, better luck next time," I sing, smiling cheekily at them. Mineta and Mina give me a scorching glare.

"Sh-shut up, Ikunori..."

"Yeah... says the person who got second place..."

Izuku slaps the back of my head.

"Don't be mean," he scolds, and I chuckle weakly.

"And since we didn't pass the practical exam..." Denki continues, "If you guys still don't get it, then you're dumber than us!"

Denki promptly jabs Izuku in the eyes, while I laugh. 

"You guys were just unfortunate..." I comfort, and it was probably not the right thing to say, cause Mina jabs her fingers into my eyes too.

"Says the person who took down Midnight on his own!"

"Sorry! Sorry! Mina-chan forgive me!" I whine as Mina pulls at my hair. My eyes sting so bad. Did she coat her fingers in acid?!

"If you feel sorry at least bring us back souvenirs from training camp!"

"Yes ma'am!"

Suddenly, the door opens, revealing Aizawa. 

"Once the bell rings, get back to your seats," he mutters, and we all scramble to sit in our seats. I rub my eyes, the tears washing away the possible acid that was there. He gives us a once over, and sighs. "Unfortunately there are those who did not pass the final exams."

Denki, Eijirou, Mineta and Mina wince. 

"Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods..." Aizawa gives us a dry smile. "Everyone's going!"

"A last minute twist!" Everyone exclaims. Denki and Mina weep tears of joy. 

"Yeah... some failed but no one failed the written exam," Aizawa mutters. "In the practical, Kirishima, Ashido, Mineta, and Kaminari failed."