27

It's been 6 months and Regina's due day is tomorrow. Turns out she didn't want to know what it was going to be. My wedding is in two months from now. Regina moves into a two bedroom house and is really excited for the baby. Today me and Lola were both off work and spending the day cuddled up watching movies together.

"Babe" Lola says looking up at me.

"Yeah" I replied looking down.

"I know I've been a bit crazy lately with the wedding but I honestly can't wait" she says with a bright smile across her face.

"Me too. Can I ask a favour though" I asked awkwardly as I looked back to the tv.

"Yeah of course. It's our wedding not mine" Lola replied with a slight chuckle.

"Me and Regina are becoming good friends now" I start to say.

"She's not fucking coming" Lola quickly cut in annoyed.

"Lola come on. She's the closest person you have to your sister" I say softly as I pulled away from her.

"I don't care. She's not coming. You've fucked her. Someone you've fucked isn't coming to our wedding" Lola snapped as she glared at me.

"I fucked her for my job. I've had to fuck for my job before. We both forgot about anything to do with that" I sighed as I started to look a little annoyed now.

"I don't care. Emma we made a deal. If I brought back April then I won't have to have Regina at our wedding. I don't give a shit if your good friends or not. That woman isn't stepping a foot into that church while we were there" Lola says glaring hard and appearing very angry.

"Fine" I snapped annoyed now. Before either of us could speak my phone started ringing. I saw it was Regina. I stood up and went outside the room quickly. "Hello" I answered.

"Ow thank god. Em I'm in labour and I can't drive. Please help me" Regina quickly says sounding as if she's in pain.

"How far away are the contractions" I asked to make sure it's ok for her to go yet.

"4... FUCK! Shit that hurt. 4 minutes" she says screaming out in pain half way through.

"Alright I'm leaving now" I quickly say knowing it's time.

"Thank you" she sighed in relief but still pain.

I hung up and went to the door where my shoes are. I slipped them on before going back to the lounge. Lola stood up and quickly kissed me.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to fight. Just come sit and watch with me" she says as she held her arms around my neck.

"I can't. Regina's gone into labour and asked if I can help" I say as I slipped out her arms. She looked a little annoyed but took a breath and pecked my lips. "Thanks. Don't forget to pick Freddie up when he finishes school" I say as I waved her goodbye.

I left the house and quickly went to my car. I drove down the street and to Regina's house. It wasn't far from mine. It was near her favourite coffee shop she still always goes in and has a chocolate latte. I arrived at her house and used my spare key to unlock it. I went in and saw her sat on the stairs looking like she is having a contraction.

"What are you doing on the stairs? I thought you were on bed rest" I asked rushing over to her.

"Well I've been on stair rest for the last half hour. Just get me up please" she sighed as she looked fed up now.

I put my arms under hers and lifted her up. Since she was so skinny anyway her bump is huge. Like crazy huge. I helped her down the stairs and leaned her against the wall. she struggles to walk the last few weeks because of the bump.

"Where's the bag" I asked referring to her baby go bag.

"Next to cupboard under the stairs" Regina replied as she waved her hand over to it. I grabbed the bag and put it over my shoulder. I then helped her to the car and get in. "Wait. On the sofa there's an old bear. I need it" Regina quickly says before I shut the door.

I went back to her house and to her lounge. I saw on the sofa was a brown bear that was rugged and old looking. One of his eyes was falling off and it was holding a heart saying I love you in fancy writing. It might have been Regina's from her childhood. I went back to the car and got in.

"Here" I say handing it to her.

"Thank you" she says in relief as she took it. Regina hugged it and smiled at the teddy in her hand. "It was the first thing my dad ever gave to me. His dad originally gave it to him when he was a baby and he found it the day before I was born. I want to give him to my child" she says looking at the old bear like it was a diamond.

"That's sweet. What's his name" I asked admiring her smile right now.

"Joey... Ow my god! Son of a bitch this hurts. WHY AREN'T WE MOVING" Regina shouts as it appears she gets another contraction.

"Right sorry" I quickly say as I turn the engine on.

I started driving as Regina calmed down from the pain. I can hear her taking deep breaths. We arrived at the hospital quite quickly. I helped Regina into the hospital and once checked in they brought a wheel chair and pushed her to the delivery room.

"Your at 6cm Regina" the midwife says looking up from between her legs.

"How much longer Anne" Regina asked as she sighed in annoyance.

"I'm not sure. It might be awhile" Anne says softly as she stood up.

"I can't wait that long. Someone just get up in there and get this baby out" Regina says looking as if she was going to cry.

"I'm afraid this isn't possible" Anna says with a chuckle as she left the room.

"Ugh! I can't do it! Emma get in there and pull it out" Regina shouts as she goes through a contraction.

"Yeah I'm not doing that. Don't worry I know you can do this" I say as I held her hand and bent down to her eye level.

"I can't do it" she says letting her tears out her eyes.

"Yes you can. I have. Lots of woman have. Now you can" I say to help reassure her.

"No I can't. If I do it then this all becomes real and I actually have someone to look after. What if I'm not as good a mum as mine was? What if I can't be both parents? What if I can't be one parents? Once I give birth I can't go back" Regina admits as she is looking down at her stomach with tears down her face.

"You will. I know you will be the best mum. Your so good with Freddie and I know he loves you. Once you give birth you will have a beautiful daughter or son who will be the luckiest to have you as there mum" I say with a soft smile at the woman who was shaking in fear of having a child.

"Don't lie to me swan. Tell me the truth" Regina says looking across at me still worried.

"I promise. Your going to make a great mum" I say with a laugh and a smile.

"Thanks Emma" she says smiling softly at me.

Regina then called out in pain and looked as if she was going to punch someone. I leaned back a little until she calmed down.

"Ooo that sounded like a painful one" the midwife says as she walked in.

"Yeah no shit" Regina snapped.

"Your still at 6cm. I was right. This will be long" Anne says looking awkwardly.

Regina looked annoyed and squeezed my hand tight. I knew this would be hard. Regina can be scary at times but I knew this would cause her to be insane.

"If someone doesn't get this child out of me soon I'm pulling it out myself" Regina growls while looking really angry and in pain.