23

I looked at the hall of Regina's apartment shocked. She walked down dodging anything smashed on the floor.

"How long have you had this apartment" I asked still looking shocked.

"This one? 2 weeks" she says sounding as if she was embarrassed.

I followed her down the hall to see the lounge and kitchen was an open plan. There were coach pillows ripped up and thrown. There were pots and pans dented across the floor. Glass smashed on the floor near frames on walls.

"Regina does he like throw everything at you" I asked trying not to judge the place.

"Yep. Sometimes it's me. I try cleaning but he just destroys the place" she says looking around with an upset face. Regina took her jacket off and hung it up on a hook that was hanging off its hinges. "I'm going to go pee on this. Make yourself at home if you can" she says looking down ashamed of herself.

I watched her go down the hall and into a room. It must be the bathroom. I went to the sofa to see no pillows on it. I can't believe any of this. He is a monster. I remember Regina was the most OCD person with her room when she was at the club. How is she living in this? I'm just shocked. I then heard her breathing behind me. I looked round and she was just stood there holding the stick in her hand and looking at me.

"You have to wait two minutes" I say softly.

Regina didn't say anything. She just walked over to me and hugged me tight. I heard her starting to cry. I was scared to hug her in case it hurt her. I put my arms around her and held her close but gently.

"I hate my life Emma. I don't want to live in this world anymore. I have no one. April is in Washington. You were fake and now getting engaged. Mitch is here and thinks we're dating even though I've told him I'm a lesbian. My baby will grow up in a crazy world. My parents... they were my idols. They would be ashamed of me" she says crying in my arms.

"No they wouldn't. They'd be proud of you for always trying. Even though your sister did something awful and got caught your still trying to have her here so you can see her. Your willing to try with Mitch just so the baby doesn't grow up without a dad. You tried forgiving me for making you love me so that we can be friends. I've got some good news for you and it will cheer you up and prove your trying is paying off" I say looking down at her trying to see her face.

"Really? What" Regina asked pulling away to look up at me.

"I spoke to Lola. We made a deal and she is going to have April moved to the prison just outside town" I say smiling softly at her.

"Ow my god. Thank you" she says as her face lit up like a Christmas tree. She hugged me again and I can tell she's smiling. "What was the deal" she asked pulling away from the hug.

"I have to go to Washington to tell her. You want to come" I asked smiling softly at her.

Ok I lied to her. That's not the deal I made with Lola but she doesn't need to know that yet. I can tell you though. The deal was if Lola agreed to this Regina couldn't come to the wedding or anywhere near our wedding. If I'm going to be friends with her then this is going to be hard to tell her.

"Yes. Thank you Emma. Honestly this means a lot" Regina says finally smiling brightly at me.

"Check the test" I say still smiling.

Regina lifted it up and looked at the pregnancy test. I can't tell what it is. Her face just looks upset. She could be upset that she is and she will have to change her life. She could be upset jay she got it in her head she was going to have a baby and now she's not. Regina looked up at me with the same face and held the test to me. I took it and looked down at it. Positive.

"I'm having a baby... I'm having a baby" she says as her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Your going to make an amazing mum" I say as I held her hand and looked down at her.

Regina looked up at me with that sad little face. I didn't realise we were that close together. It took me back to the time when we first kissed. We were just looking into each other's eyes. I wanted to lean down and kiss her. I did the most stupid thing and stepped back. I held the test to her and she quickly took it.

"You should leave soon. Mitch will be here and he won't be happy if your here" Regina says showing off the fear in her.

"No I'm staying. When I leave it will be with him in handcuffs" I say smiling down at her.

"Thank you" she says looking down at the ground shaking. The sound of a key going into a door came from down the hall. "Shit. Hide now" she says as she started pushing me towards her bedroom.

As she closed the door I heard the front door open. I leaned against the door to hear if they were saying anything.

"Hey dip shit" I heard Mitch say slamming the front door shut.

"Hey" Regina says in a shaky voice.

"Bedroom" he says not asking but telling her.

I hid behind the door as it opened. I pulled my gun out ready to scare him. He closed the door and dropped Regina on the bed. He was just about to take his top off.

"Don't move" I say holding my gun up. He turned around and saw the gun. Mitch put his hands up and sighed annoyed. "Your under arrest. Anything you say can and will be used in the court of law" I say walking towards him.

He held his hands behind his back and turned around. I put the handcuffs on one of his hands before he elbowed me in the face. I stumbled back allowing him to run out of the room. I wiped the blood from my nose and chased after him.

"Emma" Regina call out quickly sounding worried.

I just ignored it and chased after him. Now I'm even more angry than I was. I ran down the hall and down the stairs. I got half way when I was out of breath and couldn't run anymore. I then remembered seeing a tattoo on his wrist. It said and in time this too shall pass. I will use this to find him. He won't get away from me this time. I went back up to Regina's apartment where I saw her sat on the bed looking scared.

"Regina" I say softly.

"He's gonna kill me" she says as she shook in fear and began to softly cry.