ten.

GENEVIEVE

╭━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━╮

╭━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━╮

Flying on the dragon was probably one of Genevieve's best experiences as a demigod.

Up high, the air was freezing cold; but the dragon's metal hide generated so much heat, it was like they were flying in a protective bubble. Talk about seat warmers! And the grooves in the dragon's back were designed like high-tech saddles, so they weren't uncomfortable at all. Leo showed them how to hook their feet in the chinks of the armor, like in stirrups, and use the leather safety harnesses cleverly concealed under the exterior plating. They sat single file: Leo in front, then Piper, then Kingston, then Genevieve and Jason at the back.

Leo used the reins to steer the dragon into the sky like he'd been doing it all his life. The metal wings worked perfectly, and soon the coast of Long Island was just a hazy line behind them. They shot over Connecticut and climbed into the gray winter clouds.

Leo grinned back at them. "Cool, right?"

"What if we get spotted?" Piper asked.

"The Mist," Jason said. "It keeps mortals from seeing magic things. If they spot us, they'll probably mistake us for a small plane or something."

Piper glanced over her shoulder. "Are you sure about that?"

"He's right." Kingston cut in shortly before going back to gazing up at the sky.

Genevieve sighed exhaustedly and leaned forwards against Kingston, putting her head comfortably on his shoulder. He shrugged her off and Genevieve glared at him, rubbing her nose that he had elbowed in the process.

She sighed and turned to face Jason, who was staring down at a photograph in his hand. As Genevieve studied the picture, her eyes widened in recognition as they fixated on Thalia Grace.

"How do you have that picture?" Genevieve asked suddenly, startling Jason.

"I—um—found it in my cabin." He replied nervously under Genevieve's intense stare. He raised an eyebrow curiously. "Do you know her."

Genevieve nodded slowly. "Thalia Grace. She and I are... acquaintances. Why?"

Jason gulped before leaning in and whispering next to her ear. "She's my sister."

The daughter of Apollo didn't say anything and her face was blank. But her eyes seemed to be examining Jason's face as if she didn't know whether to believe him or not.

"You're telling the truth." She finally said, after staring him down for approximately one minute. "Wow."

Jason furrowed his eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I be telling the truth?"