five.

GENEVIEVE

*✧ ───────── ✧*

*✧ ───────── ✧*

Kingston swung the door open, catching both Jason and Chiron by surprise. He held Piper bridal style as her head lolled like she was unconscious.

"What happened?" Jason rushed over. "What's wrong with her?"

"Hera's cabin," Annabeth gasped, slightly out of breath, "Vision. Bad."

Rachel looked up, her slightly red eyes shimmering with tears.

"I think ..." Rachel gulped. "I think I may have killed her."

Kingston and Rachel introduced themselves to Jason whilst  carefully placing Piper on the couch. Annabeth rushed down the hall to get a med kit and Genevieve urgently checked her temperature and pulse. Piper was still breathing, but she wouldn't wake up. She seemed to be in some kind of coma.

"We've got to heal her," Jason insisted. "There's a way, right?"

Seeing her so pale, barely breathing, Genevieve felt extremely guilty. She was standing next to Piper when this had occurred, surely she could've prevented this.

Chiron put his hand on Piper's forehead and grimaced. "Her mind is in a fragile state. Rachel, what happened?"

"I wish I knew," she said. "As soon as I got to camp, I had a premonition about Hera's cabin. I went inside. Annabeth, Gen, Kingston and Piper came in while I was there. We talked, and then—I just blanked out. Annabeth said I spoke in a different voice."

"A prophecy?" Chiron asked.

"No. The spirit of Delphi comes from within. I know how that feels. This was like long distance, a power trying to speak through me."

Annabeth ran in with a leather pouch. She knelt next to Piper. "Chiron, what happened back there—I've never seen anything like it. I've heard Rachel's prophecy voice. This was different. She sounded like an older woman. She grabbed Piper's shoulders and told her—"

"To free her from a prison?" Jason guessed.

Kingston stared at him. "How did you know that?"

Chiron made a three-fingered gesture over his heart, like a ward against evil.

"Jason, tell them. Annabeth, the medicine bag, please."

Chiron trickled drops from a medicine vial into Piper's mouth while Jason explained what had happened when the room froze—the dark misty woman who had claimed to be Jason's patron.

When he was done, no one spoke, which made him more anxious.

"So does this happen often?" he asked. "Supernatural phone calls from convicts demanding you bust them out of jail?"