eight.

GENEVIEVE

┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐

Genevieve ran. As fast as she could. She didn't necessarily know what she she was running from or where she was going but she was certain that she didn't want to get caught. Her eyes widened in terror as she saw multiple dark figure speed past her.

All of a sudden, something grabbed her foot causing her to hit the ground with a thump. She looked down at her feet only to see thick green vines curling around them, almost as if it was a lasso, holding her captive. She kicked and thrashed on the ground but the vines only tightened, piercing into her skin and creeping around the rest of her body.

Scanning her surroundings for the first time, Genevieve noticed that she was in the middle of a forest. It was definitely night so what on earth possessed her to run into a forest. Everybody knows that this is where innocent people die in all the horror movies.

"Stop." She muttered to herself. "Don't think like that. I'm going to make it out of here alive. Hopefully."

"I doubt it." Said a chilling voice. Genevieve stopped moving and stayed very still. She noticed a silhouette behind a tree ahead of her and held back a bloodcurdling scream. "You see, Valentine. I have no intention of letting you or your 'oh-so-heroic' brother live."

Genevieve clenched her jaw, feeling a rush of courage run through her. "I'd like to see you try." She replied, internally groaning at her stupidity.

The dark figure let out a booming laugh, stepping out of the shadows. "If you haven't noticed, I have the upper hand."

Genevieve heard a twig snap behind her and rapidly turned her head towards the source of the sound. Her throat constricted at the sight before her. The dark figures that had sped past her were now gathered around her, their faces hidden by the hooded cloak that shielded their identities.

Although they all wore identical cloaks, Genevieve could tell who the speaker— the leader was. It was almost as though he radiated darkness, terror and evil. He dragged his feet towards her direction and his silent... followers seemed to do the same.

Genevieve suddenly felt it hard to breathe, like she was being strangled. The hooded leader stood in front of her and Genevieve felt a strong urge to look away, petrified of what she may find, but as per usual her curiosity got the best of her.

Fortunately for Genevieve, as she stared up at where his face should be, Genevieve found a void of emptiness, simply nothing. Mr No-Face spoke once again, sending chills down her spine. "How rude of me to not introduce myself." He said, his fearsome voice slicing through the silence of the night. "I am Stygal."