three.

GENEVIEVE

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Genevieve watched as the chariot landed on the far end of the skywalk. The flying horses tucked in their wings and cantered nervously across the glass, as if they sensed it was near breaking. Two teenagers, that Genevieve had identified as Annabeth and Butch, stood impatiently in the chariot. They both wore jeans and the signature camp half-blood T-shirts, with shields tossed over their backs. Annabeth leaped off before the chariot had even finished moving. She pulled a knife and ran towards the group of four while the Butch reined in the horses.

Genevieve embraced Annabeth before looking into her eyes stormy eyes which were filled with both rage and worry.

Annabeth let go of Gen and glared at Jason, Leo and Piper, "Where is he?"

"Where's who?" Jason asked cautious of the intimidating girl stood before him whilst Genevieve shot him a weary glance.

Annabeth frowned like his answer was unacceptable. Then she turned to Leo and Piper. "What about Gleeson? Where is your protector, Gleeson Hedge?"

Leo cleared his throat. "He got taken by some ... tornado things."

"Venti," Jason said. "Storm spirits."

Gen rocked on her heels and shoved her hands into her jacket pockets. "He means anemoi thuellai."

Annabeth nodded. "Yeah. That's the Greek term." The daughter of Athena glared at the blond boy. "Who are you, and what happened?"

Jason tried his best to explain, but even Genevieve had to admit it was hard to meet Annabeth's intense gray eyes. About halfway through the story, Butch came over. Once he and Genevieve finished their brief greeting, he stood there glaring at Jason, Piper and Leo, his arms crossed. He had a rainbow tattooed on his biceps, which Genevieve had always found kind of cool.

When Jason had finished his story, Annabeth didn't look satisfied. "No, no, no! She told me he would be here. She told me if I came here, I'd find the answer."

Genevieve placed a sympathetic hand on Annabeth's shoulder and squeezed it. "It'll be alright." she said as Annabeth cursed whilst looking up at the sky. "We'll find him."

"Annabeth, Gen," Butch grunted, catching both their attention. "Check it out." He pointed at Jason's feet.

The three of them stared at his feet as Jason glanced nervously at them. He was missing his left shoe, which had been blown off by the lightning. Even though he didn't look like he was in any pain, his foot looked like a lump of charcoal.