four.

GENEVIEVE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

Genevieve sighed as she listened to Drew drone on about how her father only bought her two pairs of Christian Louboutins. Jason, who was strolling wearily between the two girl, looked extremely baffled—no surprise there.

"—so my dad said, that I'm only allowed to buy two pairs," Drew complained, "And I said that it's not fair because I only got a pair last month."

Gen widened her eyes in mock sympathy, "Oh no." she gasped, "Only two pairs. The horror."

Jason stifled a laugh as Genevieve placed a hand over her heart. Drew sighed and nodded miserably. "Just another miserable day at the Tanaka household."

Jason turned to face Genevieve who had an amused smile plastered across her face. She turned to face Jason and interrupted Drew.

"Here we are!" Genevieve said spreading her arms out. "The Big House, camp headquarters."

Genevieve furrowed her eyebrows as she peered over at Jason. His face had paled dramatically and she could faintly hear his ragged breaths. "I'm not supposed to be here." he muttered, catching both Drew and Gen's full attention.

"What makes you say that?" Genevieve asked the blond boy carefully.

"I-um—"

"Genevieve, honey." Drew frowned, "I think we should make him welcome. I mean that is what you said, right?"

Genevieve clenched her jaw. "You know what, I did. Thank you for that... helpful reminder, Drew."

"No problem." She averted her gaze to face Jason and circled her arm through his. "Ignore Genevieve, here. She's a bit paranoid. You're perfect here, sweetie. Believe me, I've seen a lot of heroes."

Jason nodded, a disbelieving look evident in his intense blue eyes as Genevieve glowered at Drew. Jason gulped slightly and slipped his arm out of Drew's grip as gently as could. "Look, I appreciate—"

"Is it that girl?" Drew pouted. "Oh, please, tell me you are not dating the Dumpster Queen."

Genevieve gritted her teeth and opened her mouth to defend her friend, when Jason beat her to it. "Her name's Piper. And, well, um..."

Guilt washed over Jason's face as he suddenly stopped talking. Genevieve's lip curled up in annoyance as Drew spoke. Again. "Let me help you decide, sweetie. You can do better. A guy with your looks and obvious talent?"