Chapter 20

Diamond...

(2 months later)

Its been two months since the twins been home, and it really ain't been as hard as I thought it would be. With the help of my mom too. Its really been a breeze. They don't cry unless they hungry. Noah makes a face when he needs to be changed. Naomi whines when she does. But the irony of it all is that when I was a baby Naomi looks just like me. Noah looks like Layla. These babies are my pride and joy.

But Layla hasn't really been talking to me. I don't know why but its probably about some petty shit. Only time she talks is when she tells me to come eat, or whether or not she'll tend to the baby or ask me to go do it. Other than that she don't say much. So that's why I asked my mom to watch the babies tonight so I can take her out. And no were not together, although I wish we were, and we probably would've been married by now if I ain't leave.

I walked into the babies room, just looking over them. There room was painted half pink and half blue. Two different themes. Noah's side had all the cars from the kid movie 'Cars' and Naomi had all the princesses. Only one I knew was Cinderella.

I got decorators to do the room while Layla and the babies were in the hospital. Layla kept saying thankyou, over and over again. She still sleeps in her own room. And has never even came in my room once. It's funny because we have walkie talkies in our rooms to see whos turn it is to go get the babies.

I walked into the kitchen my intentions were to make me a sand which but, then Layla came into the kitchen right when I was about to open the refrigerator to get the ingredients for the sand which I was gonna make. "You hungry? I can cook" "Nahh but cancel your plans tonight, I'm taking you out so dress nice." She shook her head in disapproval. "Sorry but I have plans tonight" Now it was my turn to shake my head in disaproval. "Cancel them" I said dryly. I mean I ain't mean to say it like that, but I could honestly care less.

"I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm grown. Just because you have plans don't mean I'm just gonna stop what I'm doing to kiss your ass. It just ain't gon happen." I could tell she was getting aggravated. I just don't know what makes her not upset anymore. Anything I say, she got a attitude. Lately, I haven't been trying no to argue. But in reality she really starting to irritate my nerves with this shit. I just don't understand these females now-a-days.

"Lo'Raine I really don't have time for your petty bs iight ? I'm sitting here trying to read whats going on in yo mind and you got a attitude. You giving a Nigga silent treatment. For what? What the hell did I do to you?" I didn't mean to go 1 to 100. But she was really trying me.

"What did you do ? You did the one thing I hate to be done to me. You made me look stupid. " She said pointing her fingers in my face. Now at this point in time I was confused.

"What are you talking about Layla?" I was confused and honestly didn't know what she was talking about. "Figure it out damnit" She tried to exit the kitchen but I grabbed her arm. She looked between me and her arm a few times before she spoke up. "You really don' lost ya mind" then snatched her arm away from my grasp. "Stop playing these childish games. Sit down and speak what's on your mind"

"You" "Me what ?"

"Diamond dumbass Anderson. That's who's on my mind. The nigga I used to love more than a friend, the same nigga who left me, and the nigga who had and has everything he wants." I was shocked that she said that, but I didn't show it on my face.

"Never have I ever had any and everything that I wanted. Cause I ain't never had you under my arm. Okay is that what you wanted to hear. I wanted you Layla all that time. I would've took you with me, but I thought I should let you stay with your moms and all. I had to go. People were after me. That's all I can say right now, but that's the reason why I left."

"Number 1, you always had me under your arms. Shoot your the only guy I wanted. Since we became friends. Only one I trusted besides my momma. So don't play that shit over here boy, cause we all know its false. You was playing games cause we didn't have a title. Number 2 a week after you passed my mom died. She didn't know she was diagnosed, she died in my arms. Do you know how that feels when the person that's been with you your whole life just dies in your arms." Diamond tried to wipe the tears off of my face. "Don't touch me let me finish. Two days later I had to get my mom burnt up because we couldn't afford a funeral. The week after that I was kicked out of the apartment cause my mom didn't pay the rent for that month. Came home from school all of our stuff was out in the front. My moms money stash for rainy days were gone. My moms ashes were gone. I had to sleep in the back of stores. I got gang raped more than once, all because of you. 

They kept saying how you owed them something and this was the way to repay them. After the 6th time I started liking it. You know why? Cause they let me take a shower and eat before they did it. I turned to prostituting shit it kept me fed. So don't tell me anything okay. Cause I've been through it all. Sometimes I wished I was dead. If it weren't for Demetri shit, I would've killed myself long ago.  Also if it wasn't for him I would've still been in love with you. "

---------
Okay guys.  So like this was a lot. I hoped y'all like it.  But kmma need a favor . I need for y'all to start commenting and liking or imma just stop the book.