Chapter 18

Layla...

After Diamond said the father thing yesterday, we barely talked. Like that's something every child wants to have. Certain subjects I wouldn't speak about.  Just like how his first son died. I wouldn't ever speak about it. He had tried to apologize. He even took me out to dinner.  But, even that was weird. Wherever we were supposed to go yesterday never happened.  So I guess we're going today.  Diamond won't tell me where we're going. So I just stopped asking.

I showered last night so I figured that I didn't need to shower again.  Only because I didn't have much energy. Lately the twins have been tearing me down. I put on a pair of camo shorts and white t-shirt, with white flip flops.

He told me to dress casual and I did. Even if he told me to dress fancy. I don't have many clothing that doesn't bring out my shape, so he would just have to suck it up.

"Are you ready to go?" He popped his head in my room. "Sure" I said as I grabbed my bag. I walked out the house when he was busy putting in the alarm. I stood by the passenger door, waiting for him to unlock the door. While he was locking the door, the sound of another cars unlock ringer went off. I mean it had to be Diamond's because of his house was the only house until miles down the road.

"You wanna drive the benz, or the mercedez?" he asked. "The Mercedez as long as we can ride with the top down." He nodded and passed me the keys. "The fuck you doing?, I don't drive" "Why? Because your scared your gonna crash?" He said tryna make fun of that I don't drive.

"Or simply because I don't have my license. " "How in the hell do you get around?" "Something that is very common called the cab" "What about Demetri? He ain't have a car?" He asked staring at me.  "No he did" I said. Tryna walk away because I know he was going to try and violate Demetri. "So he lets you take a cab" "Sometimes he would drive me. But most of the time I take the cab."

"Well I have a surprise for you" he stated.  I really  didn't care. Usually I love surprises. I just haven't feel so up to anything.  I mean ever since the stuff I saw at the hospital. That just took a big toll on me. I didn't even know I loved him the way I do. Now I realized he didn't love me as much as he said he did. Just thinking about it makes me so angry. I remember when I almost risked my kids life because of him. I remember that night I was in the hospital, it's in my dreams, I fantasize about it. What he said.  And if he actually meant it. He told me he would never leave me. Shit like this makes me not believe anyone.

"Can you give me a couple of months after the babies are born.  I don't need much I just need a little time.  To actually find a job then to look for a house." I said not looking at him. I knew that I was just coming out of the blue for him, but if only he knew the things that I had in my mind he would understand.

"Didn't I tell you, you will be working with me." He said already getting fustrated. " I don't want to be apart of that life style. Cause I know you Diamond, you won't ever work for no one" He sighed. "How do you know what I do. Only thing you really know so far about the new me is that I own a restaurant. " I didn't respond. I mean he was right. I mean but I know Diamond more than I know myself, there was a reason why he had to take him and his mom out of the state. We stopped at this house.  It wasn't that far away from Diamond's house,  but I think we had all green lights on our way over here.

"Get out" Diamond demanded.  As he  unbuckled his seat belt,  and opened his door and got out.  I didn't like his tone of voice so I stayed in the car. I watched him take out his many keys and sort through them. Putting the proper key in the door. Not once did he look back.  I took my phone out reminding myself to get a new phone.  As I was looking through all the things I wanted to save,  I realized that I didn't want to save anything, only because everything reminded me of Demetri. 

I went to my settings of my phone,  and went to the 'general' button and clicked it. The button I needed, and wanted was only a click away. I clicked "Delete All" there was a pop up,  asking me if I really wanted to delete all the things on my phone. I accepted. And rested my head on the head rest, while my phone rebooted.  I rubbed my stomach, and closed my eyes.

●●●●●●

I woke up in a room, with blue wallpaper. A lot of trophies, and baby pictures.  I looked down, glad to see I was fully dressed.  I got out of the bed and walked towards the wall to see baby pictures of Diamond. I looked out the window just realizing that music was playing and people were outside. A cookout ? I haven't been to a cookout since mommy died. I loved going to cookouts with her cause she would sing along to every song that played and danced. Most of the time I would dance with her.  Sometimes I would be to embarrassed, but now that I think about it I wish that I danced with her to every song.

I walked out the bedroom, and went down the stairs. I followed the sounds of the music, and it led me to the backyard. I looked around for Diamond because I know he wouldn't leave me in a strangers home no matter if he was mad at me or not. I looked around. I saw food,  drinks,  a table where the DJ set up his things. Ofcourse Diamond wad no where to be found.  So I walked around the house. Not only to look for Diamond but to just check my surroundings. 

When you return from the back door there was the living room. If you walked straight you v would be in the kitchen, but since I didn't see no one in the kitchen over the island I went up the stairs to notice the pictures that were on the wall on your way up the stairs. I went to my right that was at the top of the stairs. There was a long hallway.  On each side of the hall there was three doors. 

The first door I went to was on the right side of the hall.  No one was in the room.  The walls were Peach, and there was a king sized bed in the room, with a peach carpet, and a matching dresser set. I quietly closed the door as I was about to open the next door.  I heard someone call my name. "Layla is that you?" I turned around, and sure enough it was Diamonds mom. "You haven't aged a bit" I complimented "Ohh my your pregnant" "I'm due any day soon" I informed her.  "Well what are you doing up here? The paty is in the back" She asked with one handing on my back and the other hand on her side. it felt like she was trying to rush me down the stairs.

"I gotta take it easy. Can't walk as fast as I used to be able to. " She nodded her head, looking back in the same direction we just came from. At the forth stair going down. The door I was about to open flew open.  Diamond came walking out with his face scrunched up as if he was about to kill someone. One cheek on his face was red. A white girl came running after him yelling "But after we made love last night you told me you loved me" Her button up shirt was half way undone, and her mini skirt was pulled all the way up that I could see the see through thong she was wearing.

"Layla it isn't what it seems" Diamond said. "Diamond I can't do this right now, take me home" I said rubbing my temples. "Diamond this is your new bitch?" "Loraine chill" Diamond said trying to defuse the argument.  I began to shake, Lord knows how much I hate that word. Diamond's mom just stood there, giving the 'handle this' look.  I began to grab my stomach out of the pain that I felt.  I guess Diamond and his mom, saw the pain in my face and rushed to my side asking if I was alright. I bent over still holding onto my stomach as if that was going to solve the issue. "You running to this bitches side now?" Loraine yelled. "Loraine you got one more mother fuvking time to say something disrespectful,  one more time" Luckily the music was playing so loud no one outside could hear us.  We could barely hear us. I looked down and I saw blood coming down my legs. "Diamond" I said gripping on his shoulder.

"My water broke"