Chapter 8

Demetri...

' "Layla come on baby you can do this" Layla's veins were popping out so I knew she was in pain. "Unless your pushing out this baby shut the hell up!" I knew she was just in pain so I didn't say anything. The doctor walked in and looked at the screen that was at the head of her hospital bed. And ran out into the hallway for nurses to come into the room. After about three nurses and the doctor came in the doctor said "Mrs. Smith you are now fully dilated. I'm going to need you to push" '

I woke up when I felt a sudden breeze on the lower half of my body. I looked at Layla to only see she had snatched the covers off of me. As I reached for my iPhone, turning it on to see in big bold white letters 10:32. I remembered how Layla had to get to her doctors appointment by 11:30. I shook her body, to only get slapped in the face.

"Leave me alone Demetri" she mumbled pulling the covers further up up her body. "We got to go the the doctors appointment. Get. Up." I said pulling the covers off of her.

She looked at me. Before getting up walking to the bathroom. I just threw on some grey sweat and a hoodie with Adidas slippers. By the time Layla got out of the bathroom it was 11 o'clock. She wore the same outfit as me and we left. Driving in the car, it was a weird silence.

"What do you want the sex to be babe?" I asked taking a quick glance at her, then back on the rode. "I want a little boy, so he can be a little mommas boy. What you want?" In all honesty I just wanted a healthy baby and my wife. I mean that's all you really need in life. "A little girl, so she can be a little daddy's girl so I can spoil her, and for her to look as beautiful as her mother." I said taking one hand from the steering wheel onto her hand. She smiled and kept staring out the window.

When I pulled up she hopped out before the car even came to a complete start. I just got out of the car walking to the entrance of the clinic right behind her. Layla stood at the front desk, assuming she was signing in. I sat down saving her a seat. I just stared at her. It seems as if her whole backside just got so developed. When she turned around to walk to me. I noticed her baby bump looks twice as big as it did last night.

"What?" She says in a whinny tone. "Nothing just admiring your beauty" I saw her roll her eyes. "Babe I think my stomach got real bigger it seems really weird." I just placed my hand on her stomach gently rubbing it, until the doctor called out for Layla. We followed the doctor down the long white hallway. Seeing many pregnant women laying on their bed smiling while rubbing their stomach.

When we finally got into the room the doctor started normal talk, like the usual 'how was your day' . Once we got settled in Doctor Roberts told Layla to lay down and pull up her shirt. "This is going to be cold" Roberts said. Layla nodded looking at the blank screen that belonged to the sonogram.

When the doctor put the gel on her stomach and started running the tool around to locate the baby. I looked at Layla to see her eyebrows collide together in confusion. I looked at the screen before I saw what she saw. The three of us saw two legs, to arms, and two heads. Out of all our times of getting a check up this never appeared.

"Congratulations you have twins, would you like to know the sex?" I just stared at him, like the words forming in his mouth were a foreign language. "Is it possible for you to have twins, when you never saw the second baby before?" The doctor nodded his head in a 'yes' form. "Its possible for one baby to hide behind the other. After a while one baby can be too big to hide behind the other one, and then it starts to show." I mean I was worried because I didn't know if that was a good thing or not. "Don't worry I seem this plenty of times before. Most times families don't even know they have twins until they are giving birth.

"I would like to know the sex of the babies" I spoke up. Not looking at Layla because I knew if she didn't want to know the sex we wouldn't find out. The doctor nodded and continued to rub the tool across her stomach. "Well . ." He began. "Congratulations you have a boy and a girl"

After the appointment, we headed home. I dropped her off, and promised to come back home early enough to go baby shopping. This twin situation is really getting to me. I left to handle some business. I didn't pull off until I made sure she was in the door.

Layla...

After Doctor Roberts told us we were having twins. I felt excited to be a mom. Then again, what if Demetri wants to leave me. I could tell by the way he dropped me off at home. When I was in the bathroom this morning I checked for a ways to get a paternity test while I was still pregnant.

The results came up that I would need the doctors assistance. I wanted to know and I wanted to know now. I called a cab telling them the address and where I wanted to go. I got up and walked out the door making sure I had my wallet, my keys, and my phone. Walking out the door, I waited about five minutes before I saw a taxi pull up in front of our building.

When I entered the taxi there was no words said besides when I told him where I was headed. The driver came to a stop. I looked up and I was at the clinic. "10 dollars ma'am" I handed him a twenty waiting on my change. He looked in the rear view mirror and handed the 10 back to me. Once the money was in my hand I got out of the car. Slamming the door shut in the process. I walked in the clinic. Not seeing as many people as their was before. I walked to the front desk, to see the same light skinned chubby lady sitting at the desk.

"Back so soon?" she said sarcastically. "Can I just have an appointment as soon as possible." I said writing my name on the sign in sheet. She nodded and told me that the next time an appointment would be opened is in thirty minutes.

The doctor finally called me. I got up and followed him into the same room I was in about an hour ago. He looked at me and knotted his eyebrows in confusion. "Wasn't you here like an hour or two ago?" I looked at my feet disappointed in what I was about to say. "I need your help in getting a prenatal paternity test" He nodded. "Change into this, and after this your legs are going to be very weak. I would suggest to bed rest." I nodded. He went into the top counter and got out a hospital gown. Doctor Roberts walked out the room to give me privacy.

----------------

What do you think? What type of business is Demetri gonna go handle? Do you think they are ready for all of this commitment? 5 likes 5 comments.

Go check out my other book
'Poetry' A book full of poetry. I just started it tonight so bare with me.