Chapter 23 Part 1

Layla

The babies are now five months. Me and Diamond are now on cordial grounds even though one day I did slip up and get in the bed with him. No sex but we were pretty damn close to it. I haven't been in contact with Demetri but that may be because my number changed. No matter how mad I am at him I will always look out for him. I mean he did take me in when I needed a place to stay. Recently though I thought that I need to get my self together I've been going online taking classes to get my GED. I feel like my kids deserve more from me. Plus I need to stop depending on men to take care of me.

As I looked at my two beautiful kids sleeping peacefully. I put them into the play pen that I put into the office, for when I take my classes. Another support system for me is Diamond, he makes sure I'm online at least an hour a day, he may even take the kids off my hands. I really thank him for everything he's doing and he really is trying hard to get on my good side. I think the old feelings are coming back but no matter how much I like or may be even love him I'm not getting into something serious just yet. I need to worry about myself, and my kids.

Having kids really forced me to grow up, ya know ? Now I wish nothing but the best for everyone. Plus its going to be a new year next month. I'm going to try and start going to church. I want to be blessed in all aspects in life.

I heard the downstairs door shut, meaning Diamonds home. I continued to sign into my account, and get my notebooks out of one of the desk draws. As I sat there staring at the computer screen, confused as to what in the world this lesson was talking about. "My mom wants the kids tonight.. Can she take them?" I jumped when he began talking. "Uh yeah. I think I could use a little break" it was only 12:15 in the afternoon. As I put the lesson on pause, I got up to prepare the bag. He followed me into the babies room. "What are you doing tonight ?" He asked handing me some diapers to pack and the wipes. "The usual just probably study and watch some movie... Why what's up ?" He smiled " Good because I need a date for tonight, and maybe you can get some friends from this event" he was right I did need some friends "Friends are drama" "Drama that can spice up your life, I hate that your cooped up in the house 24\7" "Yeah, yeah, I'll go with you. What type of attire ?" "Formal, but don't worry I already got you something you, just gotta go get it on your way to my moms" I just stared at him.

"Now you know I hate driving without a license. I'm not trying to get pulled over. " "But Layla I'm tired" he whined " Take your tired ass to the car in about 20 minutes" I laughed after I got out the kids matching outfits for today and tomorrow. I woke them both up to put on their clothes knowing by the time they got to his mom's house the would be sleep again. Once I got dressed and put my hair into a ponytail, I grabbed all our coats and told Diamond to get Naomi as I got Noah. We set both of them in their car seat, then got in ours. "Okay where are we going first ?" I was happy to finally get out the house. Plus tonight I was finally able to be am grown ass woman and talk to other grown ass people and not babies all day. Don't get me wrong I love my kids from the bottom of my heart, I really do I just need a break for a good 24 hours. Even though I'm going to miss them. "First I was thinking to go to get something to eat. Cause you might be tired of cooking, then my mom's for a few, get the dress, then home good with you ?" " Yeah I'm starved" he looked at me as he was getting on the express way "You didn't eat?" "I only had something light, cause I was doing the classes and they kept whining"

"Well where you want to go?"  I smiled "one of your restaurants, lets see how they are on a pop up." He laughed " Bet, cause I haven't really been checking in" see I like it like this. Just me and Diamond talking like old times. I wanna go to one of his restaurants so I can see if I would like to work there. I mean I love to cook and I'm in need of a job. Plus I can get his mom to watch the babies and once I get back on my feet I can start paying her. I never been to Diamonds restaurants so this would be fun to actually see how it was developed.