This isn't fair. {Chapter Fifteen}

Recap:

We quickly got out of the car, excited to start shopping.

“Woah. I have never been here before…” I said, looking around as we walked inside.

“You’ve never been to a mall before?!” Mikala asked, as she dragged me into a store.

“I’ve been to ones when I was little, but never this big.” I said in awe.

“Well then, I guess I need to teach you a thing or two about shopping!” Mikala said, grinning.

I laughed.

“I guess so!” I said.

“Hold out your arms.” She said, as we walked over to some clothes.

I did as she told me and held out my arms.

She started piling shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, and all the other summery clothes on my arms.

“Mikala, it’s February, not July!” I said.

“Maggie, it’s Los Angeles, not Canada!” Mikala said, winking.

I laughed, as she pushed me into the changing room.

I tried on all of the clothes that Mikala piled into my arms and I showed her each outfit.

Most of them fit perfectly, but there were some that didn’t fit at all.

I changed back into my clothes that I had on before after a good 45 minutes of trying on clothes.

I stepped out of the changing room with the clothes that I wanted in my hands.

I left the clothes that didn’t fit, in the changing room.

“All good?” Mikala asked, smiling.

“Yup!” I said, smiling back.

“Great! Let’s go pay for them.” Mikala said, leading me to desk to pay for all the clothes.

I got 6 pairs of shorts, 8 cute t-shirts, and 5 tank-tops.

I laid the clothes on the counter for the cashier to ring them in.

“Is this everything?” The cashier asked, as she stuffed the last pair of shorts in a bag.

“Yes.” I said.

“Alright! That will be $127.48” The cashier said.

I nodded as I dug into my pockets, looking for the two hundred dollars that Cody gave me.

I finally found it, after looking through all of my pockets.

I gave her the 2 two hundred dollar bills.

She gave me the change back and I stuffed it in my pocket once again.

I smiled at her as I grabbed my bags.

“Have a nice day!” The cashier chimed.

“You too!” I said back.

Mikala and I walked out of the store and into another one.

“Need any new shoes?” Mikala asked, picking up a cute pair of shoes.

I looked down at my feet and saw how dirty and broken my flip-flops were.