I promise. {Chapter Ten}

Cody’s POV

“The dentist will be with you shortly, dear.” The lady said, sticking her head around the doorframe.

I nodded smiling.

Usually, I don’t go to dentist offices. The dentists come to me. But, I don’t really know what to do in a case like this. My mom usually calls a dentist or something. She’s not here though.

Jake and I were the only ones in here, which is a good thing. Well, except for this other girl. She looked about my age.

She had her dirty blonde hair in a braid off to the side, and she had big blue eyes.

She smiled at me. I noticed she had braces.

I looked at Jake who was making flirty faces at her. She winked at him, and Jake smiled.

“Woah, Jake. We’re at the dentist, not a club. Don’t go crushing on some pretty girl that you’ll never see again.” I whispered in Jake’s ear.

“That I’ll never see again? You’re funny, Cody. Watch and learn, brah.” Jake said, getting up off the chair he was sitting in to sit next to the girl.

I watched as Jake took his phone out, and scanned it for a minute.

“What’s your name?” He asked the girl.

I could hear them perfectly considering I’m right across from them.

“Kelsey.” She said quietly.

“Well, it looks like your name isn’t in my contacts.” Jake said, pointing to his phone.

Kelsey giggled.

It was silent for a few seconds.

“Wanna change that?” He asked, winking at her.

She giggled again.

“Sure.” She sweetly said.

She took his phone out of his hands and started entering her number I guess.

Jake looked at me and smirked.

I gave two thumbs up.

She handed his phone back to him, and he frowned.

He walked back over and sat down next to me.

“Uh…” I said awkwardly.

He looked at me.

“Look.” He said, handing me his phone.

Instead of Kelsey putting her name in his contacts, she put ‘Sorry Jake. You’re cute, but I want Cody.’

I looked over at her and she winked at me.

I looked at Jake.

“You can have her.” I said, handing the phone back to him.

He looked at me weirdly.

“What’s your problem today, mate? You’re usually all over the fact that girls dig ya!” Jake said, chuckling.

I shrugged.

“I’m just not feelin’ it. My tooth is chipped, and I’m a singer. You know, I have to smile in front of thousands of people.” I said, sighing.

“I’m sorry, mate.” Jake said.

“No, it’s not your fault! It’s mine. I shouldn’t have woken you up like that. I’m so stupid.” I said.

“You’re not stupid! You just need to think of the consequences next time.” Jake said, laughing.

I laughed as well.