Have a little faith, darling. {Chapter Thirteen}

Maggie’s POV

Once we got back to Cody’s house, Jake, Campbell, and Josh were sitting on the couch with the TV off.

“Well, well, well!” Jake said, with a fake deep voice.

I laughed.

“Jake, you’re weird.” I said, taking my shoes off, and sitting in the chair next to the couch.

“Let me finish, young lady!” Jake said, pointing his finger at me.

“What’s the problem, sir?” Cody asked confused.

“You two are always out somewhere together. That’s not good. The paps are going to get the wrong idea.” Josh said.

“The wrong idea? What are you talking about, Josh?” Cody asked, sitting next to me on the chair.

It was really only supposed to be for one person, but I was way smaller than Cody, so we could both fit.

“That!” Campbell shouted.

“Sharing a chair with my friend?” Cody asked, looking at me.

I smiled.

“You can’t say you’re just friends when it’s obvious that’s not how you feel about each other.” Jake said.

“I don’t see what the big deal is.” Cody said, shrugging his shoulders.

“The deal is, you can’t tell the paparazzi that you guys are just friends when you don’t act like it. Yeah, I get the whole surfing thing, but I saw that picture of you guys almost kissing. That was not you two being friends.” Jake said.

“Um, that happened like…twenty minutes ago, did it really get on the Internet that fast?” Cody asked.

“You’re Cody Simpson. Let’s be real now.” Josh said.

“So, what you’re saying is, Cody and I shouldn’t be friends?” I asked.

Jake did a face palm.

“Be friends, but don’t act like lovers.” Campbell said.

“You sound like Matt. He doesn’t want me to get a girlfriend either.” Cody said, getting up off the chair and walking into the kitchen.

“It’s not that we don’t want you to get a girlfriend, it’s just…it makes yourself look bad when you say you and Maggie are just friends, when you guys are like…kissing and running away holding hands or something.” Josh said.

“Ok, then why don’t I just say that she’s my girlfriend? There. Problem solved. Oh, and we haven’t kissed, so stuff a sock in it.” Cody said.

Jake looked my way.

“But does the lady want to be your girlfriend?” Jake asked, still looking at me.

Now everyone was looking at me expecting me to say yes.

“Uh…” I said, quietly.

Campbell laughed.

“You don’t want to be his girlfriend?” He asked, still laughing.

“I never said that!” I said, looking at Cody.

Cody rolled his eyes.

“Leave her alone, guys. She’s new to all of this. She won’t get it.” Cody said, taking some yoghurt out of the fridge.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“What?” Cody asked.

“I won’t get it? What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, now in a rude tone.