Who's your lady friend? {Chapter Three}

Cody’s POV

My mom texted me, telling me that Alli was really hurt, and I needed to go pick them up at the airport. I don’t know why they needed me to pick them up. If she were badly hurt, then they would have gotten a cab to drive them to the hospital.

I’m still worried though.

“Maggie! Come on!” I said, frustrated that she was taking so long.

“I’m coming!” She said.

I’m not patient at all!

I watched as Maggie put on her other shoe. She was about to tie it but we needed to leave now!

“Maggie! You can tie it in the car!” I said, grabbing her hand.

We ran out of the house.

I quickly locked the door, and dragged Maggie to the car.

We both got in the car, and I started the engine.

Maggie kept looking at me weirdly.

“Cody, what the hell is going on?” She asked slowly.

“Alli is hurt, and we need to go pick them up at the airport!” I said, backing the car out of the driveway.

“If she was hurt, then wouldn’t they have taken her to the hospital?” She asked.

“Well…yeah! But, I don’t know! They asked me to pick them up ‘cause she was hurt. She’s my sister and I really worry about her!”

“Oh. Yeah, I understand.” She said, looking out her window.

“Do you have any brothers or sisters?” I asked, glancing at Maggie, then focusing my eyes back on the road.

“Yeah. I have a sister, and a brother.” She said.

“How old are they?”

“My brother is 20. He moved out when my dad started abusing us. I haven’t seen him since the day he moved out. He said he would come back for me when I was older but he never did. I waited for so long. My sister is now 10. I haven’t seen her since I was 11. My aunt took her when my mom passed. I wanted to stay with my dad. I didn’t know he would become an alcoholic and abuse me though.” She said, rubbing her eyes.

She was crying.

“Maggie, don’t cry. It’s all going to be okay. You’re here with me now and that’s all that matters. You’re safe now.” I said.

“Thank you, Cody. If it weren’t for you, I’d be sleeping on the streets.” She said, wiping away her tears.

“I know we just met yesterday, but you already mean so much to me.” I said.

I saw her smile from the corner of my eye.

“You already mean so much to me too, Cody.”

I smiled.

“So are you okay now?” I asked.

“I think so.”

“Good.” I said, still smiling.

We just pulled into the airport parking lot.

I unbuckled my seatbelt, and opened my door.

I got out of the car, and shut the door.

I watched Maggie do the same.

I walked towards the inside of the airport.

“Cody!” Maggie screamed.