28. ansley's back

28. ansley's back

Have you ever just sat and daydreamed about the person you'd like to be?

Someone bold, someone who takes chances, someone who steals the show-more like, someone who makes the show.

For a while I dreamed of getting up in front of a familiar audience, singing, and completely wow-ing the crowd. I wanted a chance in the spotlight.

A positive chance in the spotlight.

Not a 'oh she's that girl who went in the boy's bathroom with Melvis and then like 5 guys went in after her'

'She's that girl with the dead parents'

I wanted someone to say 'Wow, she's that girl who completely blew away everyone at The Music Festival'

I was just sick of the shit-talking, I had endured it since I was twelve. No one was ever subtle about their opinions at my school, they literally stage-whispered as if a timber below speaking was quiet enough for me to overlook. I wasn't very good with confrontations, besides with Gabby, I mostly held my tongue, but despite Gabby being a major pain in the ass, there were others like her.

Judgmental

Manipulative

People who would do just about anything to get what they wanted.

So to get past the negativity, or at least hold it off for a while-I was rehearsing the song I planned on singing.

Just as I was hitting the opening note, well not really hitting, it was more of a rusty start-there came a knock from the front door.

I sighed.

"Felicity, can you get that. My show is on." Grandpa called from his position on the couch, Klaus nodded in agreement, both of their eyes remained glued to the television.

I rolled my eyes, prancing to the door.

I half-expected Anthony in all honesty, but when I pulled the door open I was faced with a familiar dirty-blonde haired girl. It took me a moment for me to get over the initial shock of her being on my doorstep, at a time like this, out of nowhere.

"ANSLEY"

She smiled widely, and without delay she grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug.

"Acting like you don't know nobody, move out the way. Where's grandpa at?" As she spoke she strolled into the house and carried on into the living room. I was still in shock that she was here, in the flesh--after so long.

Who exactly is Ansley you may be asking?

Well, right around the time when my parents died, I lost someone else valuable too. Ansley was my best friend in school, and a great shoulder to cry on. It just so happened that Ansley also had a bit of an...

Attitude.

Starting with time-outs in elementary school, leading up to detentions and referrals- Ansley had always been one to talk back.

Until her parents decided that Ansley needed some higher discipline...I suggested Jesus but she was far past gentle loving.

So she was sent to military school, but judging by her greeting-she hadn't changed very much.

Back to the present-time, I heard a scuffling from the living room where Grandpa and Klaus were still watching TV. Obviously they hadn't sensed Ansley's presence yet because I didn't hear any shouting. I came to the living room to find Ansley holding a cup of water preparing to tip it over Klaus' head.