8. moodswings and friendship

It was finally beginning to get warmer outside, so I was wearing a knee-length flowy dress to school. For once I had decided to be a little decorative and I also had a daisy chain around my hair, but that wasn't the point-I had bigger issues on my mind.

As soon as I caught a glimpse of Anthony at his locker I began speaking, of course I chose to ignore the leech stuck to his arm, as known as Gabby.

"Yo, my nigga Anthony."

Anthony raised an amused eyebrow at my greeting, but nonetheless continued situating his locker.

"Wassup my ninja, Felicity"
I was surprised to hear his deep voice respond.

"You can't say that to her" Gabby gasped.

"That's racist." She continued with.

Anthony and I both simultaneously rolled our eyes at her.

"We're practically the same race." Anthony said drily, shutting his locker.

"Except we're not." I explained further.

Anthony suddenly glared at me
"What the fück niña, I thought we agreed that I was black yesterday?"

I shrugged.

"Things change, my Mexican cookie."

It was then that he finally noticed my appearance.

His eyes slowly raked over my body, and unlike how he had reacted that day Gabby came to school wearing a much better dress than mine-(and looking much better) I thought I saw a flicker of appraisal in his expression, but I was probably just dreaming.

If he didn't show any reaction to Gabby dressing up, he definitely wouldn't show a reaction to me-

"You look pumped for the weather."
He stated, and as per usual these days- he patted my fúcking head.

I don't know about other people, but I don't like my hair being touched. Anthony knew this, but yet he felt the need to do it every single morning.

"Get off of meeee" I whined, shoving his hand away.

Suddenly I remembered what I had to discuss with Anthony. Thankfully, Gabby had morning cheer practice for the opening spring game so she had left a few minutes ago.

"Anthony, I need help with my Spanish."

I looked at him pitifully, I didn't even bother with the puppy dog eyes- the last time I tried doing that to my G-Pa, Klaus quickly came out of nowhere and busted my bubble by telling me I looked like a homeless beetle begging for shelter.

Strangely enough, I could actually picture that and it was not pretty.

Now in the present time, I simply gave Anthony my most pleasant smile.

He smiled back surprisingly.

"Oh Felicity, I need help too. Can you teach me how to say 'I sincerely give a fuck' in English? I haven't quite learned that yet."

It took me a few seconds to realize that I had been owned, and by the time that I did- Anthony was already walking to his class. I watched his broad shoulders quake with laughter as he strode away with ease.

"Püssy!"

I yelled after him.

He chuckled, raising a tanned middle finger at me without even turning his back.

I should unfriend him..

I thought to myself, but even so there was a wide grin growing on my face as I stared after him.