6. Magicians

America jogged over to his group of friends, all of them turning their attention to him.

"Do your parents want me to come around or...?" Asked Russia, before even saying hello to America.

"Hello, America. How are you today? Oh, I'm fine. And how are you? Oh, I'm good thanks." America said in an annoyed tone.

"Yes, hello. So?" Russia hastily said, almost jumping up and down to hear America's response.

America sighed, knowing he needed to tell the truth.

"My parents didn't like it at first, and now they're thinking it through." Poland gasped, springing up and down to try and tell America and Russia something.

"Yeah?" Russia asked, turning his attention to Poland.

"You guys do know that me and Germs went through the same thing, right?" Poland started, catching both of their attention.

"Really?" Asked America, surprised.

"Yeah, Germ's dad didn't like me at all, and he kept trying to push me away from him. Eventually.. he accepted us. Look at us now.." Poland said, quieter and quieter.

America looked at Germany and Poland, Germany's arm around Poland's waist. The two were really close, Poland's head leaning on Germany's chest.

America had to admit, he did find it kinda cute.

"My OTP is flourishing!" Japan shouted, infinitely smiling. Poland muttered something along the lines of "shut the hell up", but that was understandable.

The bell rang, the group disbanding, America and Russia walking down the hall.

"Can you keep a secret?" Asked America, Russia making a 'hm?' sound and turning his head to him.

"Last night.. I met somebody... and I want to know who they are.. I really want your help to find out who they are." America whispered, noticing Russia looked kinda upset and worried.

"Russia?" America snapped him out of it, Russia shaking his head.

"Yeah, I'd love to help you, shortie." Russia said, a tiny bit of disappointment in his voice.

It was silent for a short while longer, until America thought it got too awkward. The class was nearby, but maybe try to ask him a small question?

"Russia, are you ok?" He asked, Russia not replying. It stayed silent until the two turned into their class.

Greece stood inside, already calling out the roll. He ignored both of their presence, carrying on with what he was doing.

America sat at his normal seat, Russia sitting beside him. Thoughts ran through America's head, until he came to a realisation.

Hang on a second...

Before he could finish his thought, the interval bell ringing. Everyone in his class stood up, inviting themselves out of the classroom.

America and Russia walked over to the bench they sat at the day before in complete silence, awkwardness in the air.

Well, that was, until, Japan anime ran over to them and slammed her hands in the table.

"Jesus Christ, what the fuck was that for?" America exclaimed, Japan having the biggest grin across her face he'd ever seen.

"I found my new ship!" She screamed, Germany and Poland walking over to them.

"What's going on?" Germany asked, sceptical.

"Japan was telling us about a ship..?" Russia shrugged, Japan rapidly nodding.