3. Friends?

Russia sat into of back of the class, his arms folded and his head directed to the ceiling while everyone else talked to their mates beside them.

America's jaw dropped, realising he had a chance to be beaten up by Russia. He was so goddamn scary, it wasn't even funny. 

America cautiously sat at the front of the class, the opposite side of the room from the giant. He hesitantly looked away from the man, his eyes going to the teacher at the front of the classroom. His teacher was Greece.

"Hello, class. I'll be your homeroom teacher this year, my name is Greece." He said, the class eventually quietening down.

After a short while of teaching, the bell rang for interval (Or morning tea, whatever you call it). America felt relieved, math finally over. Holy crap, that subject was pure evil.

As he left the class, America was thrown into a river of students getting to their lockers. America pushed past them, elbowing people to get to the door to the courtyard on the opposite side of the hallway. Except, he made a mistake.

America accidentally elbowed North Korea in the stomach.

Immediately, N.Korea turned around, pushing America into the wall behind him.

"Why the fuck did you just do that?" N. Korea shouted, drawing attention to everyone around him while he grabbed America's neck. America squirmed under his grip, trying his hardest to release N. Korea's grip.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted in response, using the last of his breath to spit out those words.

"That's not gonna do, you dickhead!" He shouted, demanding the actual reason. America could t respond; he felt as though he was about to faint.

Suddenly, N. Korea dropped America as the "bully" got pulled back. America looked up, his vision blurry from tears in his eyes.

"Shit, you alright?" Asked the person who saved him, offering a hand down to help America up.

"I'm.. I'm fine.." He spat out, still trying to make out who helped him up just now. Then, America realised the many students around them were whispering.. watching...

Once America's vision cleared, he made out a tall figure.

Hang on-

"I'm Russia, it's nice to meet you, I mean, properly this time." He said, widely grinning. America's heart sank into his stomach, stepping back a tiny bit.

"Uh.. thank.. thank you.." America managed to say, Russia looking around the crowd and nodding.

"Well.. I'm going to... do something... of some sorts..." Russia said, sighing. He moved away from the crowd, soon disappearing out of sight.

Did Russia seriously try to help America even though he knew that his dad was UK, the enemy to his dad?
America was stunned, his eyes now completely cleared.

Before he could be watched anymore, America left the hallway, walking into the courtyard. From a short distance, he saw his friends sitting down and speaking with eachother.

"Hey guys!" He called out weakly. That was gonna make his 'beating up' pretty obvious, wasn't it?

"Hey Sonnenbrille! Are you ok?" Asked Germany in response, noticing how weak America was.

"Yeah, I'm fine. A lot happened just now." He said. America sat at the bench they were sitting at, parking himself beside Japan. In the other side of the bench Poland and Germany sat beside eachother, really close at that.

"Seriously? What happened? When did it happen? Were we there? How-" Before Germany finished, America interrupted.

"I was pretty much beaten up be North Korea."

Everyone's jaws dropped open, all of them immediately saying they should tell a teacher. America got bored of them repeatedly saying this, so he let his eyes wander. In the distance, he saw Russia.

"Guys, I'm really fine. I was rescued." America said, Russia looking fairly lonely. They all shut up, until someone spoke up.

"By who?" Asked Poland, America getting up from his seat with a confident grin on his face.

"America-senpai?" Japan questioned, the American walking over to Russia.

"America-!" Germany cried. Before anyone could say anything, America had already walked over to Russia.

"Hey.. thanks for that earlier..." America said quietly, Russia stopping in his path and looking down to him. Russia smiled, talking further with America.

"You're welcome. I may have beaten someone up all those years ago, but I'm not like that anymore. People just think I'm scary, that's probably the reason." Russia laughed, America grinning even wider.

"Do you wanna hang out with me and my friends?" He asked, Russia looking to the bench that had Poland, Germany and Japan sat around it.

"Would they want me to?" He asked, America swiftly turning to him.

"Well, yeah, if we get to know you that well, then you could become apart of the group!" The shortie exclaimed excitedly.

"Well... okay..." Russia hesitantly said, America immediately grabbing Russia's long and thin arm and dragging him over to the group.

"Guys, this is Russia!" America said, Russia frozen in place, as well as all the others.

"Hello, I'm Japan!" The cat said, trying to sound cheery and inviting. America and Russia sat down, the taller one sitting beside America and Japan.

"So, Russia pretty much saved me back there from North Korea!" America said, Poland and Germany looking so much more relieved.

"Well, I'm Germany, this is Poland, thank you for doing that for our friend back there." Germany said, shaking Russia's hand. Russia smiled, actually enjoying this time with his new 'friends'.

The five talked for awhile longer, until the bell rang. They all hurried back to their classes, saying their goodbyes.

Once America sand Russia got to their class, Russia thought it'd be nice to sit next to the only person who liked his presence. The two talked for awhile longer, until Greece walked in with a clipboard and a pen.

The rest of the day went on like this, Russia and America really becoming friends now.

"...and there should be a paragraph when the author changes subjects, times, actions to thoughts, and vice versa." Finished Greece, the end of the day growing near.

He told everyone to get cleaned and packed up, stating that the first day was amazing and they'd behaved well.

Once the end of day bell rang, America ran out of the class, ending the cursed Monday. He walked home with Germany and Poland, as Japan and Russia didn't live near to America. The three walked and talked, saying Poland was only walking with them because her and Germany were going to hang out; the two walked down a short driveway, soon entering Germany's house.

America walked awhile longer, until he got to his own house. He opened the door, Canada already inside, sitting with their baby sister New Zealand, and Australia, the one who was only about a few years older.

"I'm home!" America called. He was greeted inside with smiles, a warm and loving home surrounding him.

God, he loved his family.