Letters

**Prompt** Every year on Sams birthday, he gets a card in the mail from an anonymous person. One year Sam sets out on a quest to find who the cards are from, bringing Gabriel along for support. Little does Sam know that Gabriel is responsible for all the cards.

Relationships/pairings: Sam Winchester/ Gabriel, Dean Winchester/ Castiel

Warnings: Strong language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cards that Sam got were short but sweet, they made his heart flutter whenever he sees them. Even if they seemed a bit odd that they were sent on his birthday. He wanted to know who kept sending them on the one day that he could care less about.

So he asked his best friend Gabriel if he could help.

Sam explained everything that was going on for years and Gabriel kept his cool, knowing that he'd get caught some time.

The first one was after spending about a year around Sam. It was only three words in total

I love you it read and after he sent it, he couldn't face Sam for a few days.

The second one read, I'm sure you find this weird but I can't wait till I'm not afraid to show myself to you.

And then more came along like that, telling Sam how much he meant to him.

They read through all the letters and it made the two very flustered even though one of them was the one writing them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now nearing towards Sams birthday and Gabriel grew anxious and dying for Sam to finally realize.

"Hey, Sammy, " Gabriel said as he entered Sams house while smiling.

"Hello, Gabe, " Sam responded and looked over at him. "How are you doing?" He asked and stood up.

"The usual, oh and happy birthday!" He cried and jumped onto Sam.

Sam smiled and flashed his eyes over to the letter, setting a reminder in his head to tell Gabe.

"Is that a letter, Sam?" Gabe asked and hopped down, walking over towards the table it was on. He knew what it said but he opened it anyway.

"You should go, Sam, " he felt a pang of jealousy towards himself and smiled at Sam. "I can come with you, it would be safer,"

Sam nodded and looked down timidly.

The front door opened and the two knew who it was.

"Dean!"

"Cassie!"

The two ran towards their brothers and they all laughed when they broke apart.

The day went on and they all went shopping for food and stuff. They also went to go out and eat.

Then came the time where they all had to leave, even Gabe.

"Bye Sam!" The two forgot that they were going to go with each other but this was going perfectly for Gabriel.

He didn't go home, instead, he went to the park and hid, waiting for Sam to get there.

His heart was racing and he was breathing heavily, he was starting to regret what he was doing.

Then Sam arrived and Gabriel froze.

Oh God, Gabe thought and panicked. He got out of his hiding spot and walked in the light that was in front of Sam.

"Hey, Sam" he smiled and looked up at Sam shyly.

"Gabriel?" Sam asked in disbelief.

Gabe was scared, scared that Sam would hate him, scared that this would end poorly.

He was scared of losing him.

Tears started to come out of Gabe's eyes. He cleared his throat and walked closer to the frozen Sam. Once he was about a few inches away from Sam, Sam grabbed Gabriel's face and looked at the tears on his face.

"I love you, " Sam said softly and leaned down to kiss Gabriel.

Gabe was shocked but his body seemed to run on autopilot. He wrapped his arms onto Sam and made the kiss deeper.

The two felt hot and Sam started to walk towards a tree. He pinned Gabe onto the tree and backed away to breathe.

"I love you too, Sam Winchester, "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, one, I want to turn this into an actual story and two, I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I'm currently at a funeral in Californa and I just want to be there for my parents.

Updates will hopefully come soon and faster!