Chapter 10

That Kiss We Shared

a/n: it's not the best written chapter so far. so, pls excuse me.

A year and few months later...

Antoine

I am father finally and believe it or not, I am a good one. I am blessed with a daughter, the most beautiful person on earth. My world now begins with her and ends with her. When I saw her for the first time in the hospital wrapped in the pink cloth, I promised myself that I would give her anything and everything she wanted and needed. She is my princess and I would always do anything to keep her in the magical kingdom she deserves. Her hazel eyes reminded me of someone... someone special. Hence, I named her Veronica. I like calling my princess Mia also.

Mia has lit up my life like no other person ever had or ever could. She is different in every way. She is surely one who was capable to lead the world. I am extremely proud of her and would do anything to protect my little diamond.

Crimsyn had left Mia and me because she fell in love with another man who worked in her office. I couldn't blame her. I wasn't the man for her. She got pregnant with Mia by accident. She had informed me about this news after my match against England got over. The news made me so happy that I didn't realise that Crimsyn was against the idea of having the baby. She never told me anything at that time because she didn't want to spoil my excitement but a month before the pregnancy, when we had a fight, she confessed that she was not interested in being a mother nor was she interested in being in the sham that linked us to each other.

But anyways, I didn't mind her absence. I never did. Mia and I are anyways better off without her. My teammates are incredibly supportive. Olalla, Fernando's WAG, helps taking care of Mia when I have practice. When I have matches, away from Wanda Metropolitano, my sister, who lives a few blocks away, takes care of Mia. Otherwise, I spend time with Mia. She has made me more settled and homely and civilised than I ever was. I refrain from going to regular parties with the guys and I have stopped drinking. I have not gone out on a date with a girl ever since Crimsyn left because I don't want Mia to get too attached to anyone in case things don't work out between the girl and me.

So, as one can see, my life has been just fine. Well it was better than fine... it was awesome.

Mia had recently learnt to walk. Hence, I thought, I would take her to my practice so that she could play with the team for some time for fun. The team was quite fond of her. Everyone believed that my daughter was a God send, an angel. Even the other fathers on the team believed that and always said that after seeing Mia, their children reminded them of the devil. It often made me laugh because I didn't know how Mia turned out to be so calm and obedient. At least I know it is not genes that have come from me.

I got ready as quickly as possible while my sister, who was babysitting Mia last night, helped her get ready. As I prepared breakfast, my angel walked out holding Maud's hand. She was wearing lovely sportswear which were pink in colour.

My daughter would make the perfect Adidas model, I thought to myself.

If just seeing Mia put a smile on my face, then you can understand what happened when she ran up to and hugged my legs. I picked Mia up and showered her with kisses and love. She sat on the counter with the two of us and we ate breakfast.

Maud was reading the newspaper while I was busy talking to Mia. Suddenly, Maud started laughing loudly, probably reading an article in the paper. I looked up because her laughter sounded as if she was crying. That’s when on the front page I saw her... her face. The face of some extremely special to me.