Chapter 9- Part II

A Goal, A Punch, A Kiss

Only thing that my mind allowed me to think at that very moment on seeing those words coming from Antoine was-

Why is he dedicating the goal to you?
Isn't he with Crimsyn?
Where is she?
Are you sure he is saying this to you and not to her or anyone else?

I immediately turned around to check if Crimsyn was sitting here or whether those words were meant for someone else or not. I satisfied myself by telling my doubtful mind that she was not and I looked back at the field towards him with a huge smile on my face.

Alex pointed out that I was on the big screen. The cameras had probably turned towards me after Antoine had dedicated the goal to me. I was a little embarrassed but I was too overjoyed to acknowledge it. What mattered to me was the he made a goal and he dedicated it to me even after I had accidentally played with his feelings. It showed that probably... just probably... he still felt the same way as he did before that god-awful incident at the wedding took place.

Antoine returned back to the match and so did the result of the players. 75 minutes in and Antoine once again had the ball. He kicked the ball hard and passed it to Mbappe. Mbappe took the shot and...

It was now England 2- France 2.

Now things in the stadium got real tense for only 10 minutes were left on the clock. The ten minutes passed extremely quickly with everyone rooting for their respective team to make a goal. Now currently we had another eight minutes of extra time. If the either of the teams failed to make a goal in these eight minutes then there would be a dreaded penalty shoot.

The ball was still in France's possession. Everyone in the stadium was going crazy. I was also going crazy because the only the question that I could ask myself was do I want England to win or Antoine?

Varane's header caused the ball to get passed to Pavard, who in turn passed it to Pogba. Pogba passed it to Matuidi, who shot the ball but England's goalie managed to catch it. A little dissatisfaction had surrounded the French side but it was not for long, because within seconds, the ball now happened to be in Olivier's possession, who passed it to Mbappe and he passed it to Griezmann, who made a killer yet graceful scissor kick and...

Everyone wondered only one thing- goal or no goal.

The goalie divided to save the ball and looking at this, Antoine's hands went up in dismay probably thinking that it won't be a goal and they would have to enter into the penalty round.
Only one-minute left on the clock and only this one shot could determine the fate of this scary match.

And... HE SCORES!!

What a historic moment for all in the stadium! The site of the goal was just unbelievable. Antoine had made history that day and I just couldn't stop my self from being happy for him. The French side had won and England had lost undoubtedly, but I think when the referee blew the whistle, I knew for sure how I felt.

I was happy... extremely happy. Not for France, but for Antoine. There was not a speck of sorrow in my heart. I was happy to see him happy. Yes, I was sitting on the losing side and yes, I didn't get a chance to tease that newly married couple, and yes, they would probably rub it in my face for all their lives, but all that didn't matter... what only mattered was Antoine's victorious smile.