Chapter 1

A young raven-haired boy stood his ground. His cheeks puffed with air, his lips twisted in a pout. Anybody would melt before this boy considering how adorable his angry face was, but few would fail to notice the unwavering determination that burned within his eyes. For the tenth time, he slammed his foot on the floor to show his indignation. He pointed at an older boy sitting in a cell.

' There it goes again...' thought the prisoner, rolling his eyes. The ravenette said, " Why by Bellona should I ever be the one to behead this- this..." his voice trailed off not able to find the adequate word to express his boiling anger.

" Because the King himself ordered you to, Gawain! " a red-haired girl exclaimed, crossing her slender arms.

" Then tell The King to do his dirty job himself, Melody." Gawain snapped back.

" Are you going to disobey his Majesty's command? " Melody asked.

" No. Only and purely ignoring it. " Gawain said, smirking.

Behind the bars, the platinum- blonde sighed. It had been days since this very same scene unfold itself before his eyes. Everyday. Same time. Same thing. Melody's indigo eyes narrowed.

" You're an impossible brat, Gawain. " she sighed, turning around. She glared one last time at the prisoner named Aaron before closing the creaking wooden door of the dungeon behind her. Gawain waited for the sound of her receding footsteps to disappear. Then, he let himself fall onto a wooden chair next to the cold black-bricked wall. Even though the young knight felt as if a heavy weight had been lifted off his shoulders, the sharpness of Aaron's gaze did not allow him to let his guard down. Gawain lowered his head, feigning great interest in his boots.

" Aren't you going to kill me anyway? " Aaron said, laughing. Gawain glanced at him. Their eyes met, both pairs of the same shade of green.

" How could I ? " the young boy muttered. " You're my brother. We share the same mother.You're the one whom I cherish the most. "

Aaron's laugh abruptly stopped. Silence fell between them.

" If it weren't for you being the war genius who lead the troupes and re-conquered all our lost territories, the King would have already killed you for your arrogance, little brother. " It was Aaron's turn to smirk but he did not. Instead, he wondered about how successful his younger sibling was. He envied Gawain despite all the brotherly love he had for him.

Unlike Gawain, Aaron did not have such a ' noble job. ' He was a mercenary; a thief, a murderer. Had he not accepted the dangerous yet bountiful task of kidnapping the princess, he would not have had to seen the face of his beloved brother again. The brother he was separated from six years ago. But his attempt failed and he was brought before the King who sentenced him to be beheaded by none other than his very own sibling.

" Hey. " Gawain called him. " How about fleeing together? " the knight suggested.

Aaron's eyes widened both with surprise and hope.