41

It's about a week after tour has ended, and I haven't seen Awsten or the others. We've talked a little bit, but haven't actually seen each other. My mom has not stopped bugging me about meeting Awsten, Geoff, and Otto. Mainly Awsten though, seeing as he's my boyfriend. I lay on my bed, phone in my hand, and let out a sigh.

💜
Hey, what are you doing today?

Little Shit💜
Missing you
That's about it

💜
Well my mom really wants to meet you
Wanna do that today?

Little Shit💜
Uh, sure

💜
Are you nervous?

Little Shit💜
Maybe a little?

💜
She already loves you
It's going to be okay
I promise
I'll be right there the whole time

Little Shit💜
Okay
I'm good
I'd love to meet your mom

💜
Yay
I love you

Little Shit💜
I love you too
I'll be over in just a little bit

It doesn't take Awsten very long to get to my apartment. I get into his car and give him a quick kiss before he takes off towards my moms house. His thumbs tap against the steering wheel, so I grab the hand closest to me and hold his hand, kissing the back of it, to try and help him calm down. He gives me a quick smile. "Thank you."

I'm just as nervous if I'm being honest. I know that she already loves him, but I am still worried. "Everything is going to be okay." I say, trying to calm both of us down.

We then pull into the driveway of my moms house. I move slightly so that I can face Awsten and I take his hands in mine. "Aws, it's going to be okay. She supports me doing my job and thinks it's 'wonderful that I get to travel the world doing something I love'." I say, changing my voice slightly to mimic my moms. This causes Awsten to let out a small giggle. "It's going to be okay."

He nods his head before pulling me into a kiss. "Thank you, jellybean. I love you."

I smile. "I love you too. You ready?" He takes a breath before nodding his head. "Alright. Let's do this."

Getting out of the car, Awsten takes my hand in his, interlocking our fingers, and we walk up to the door. I knock before opening the door. "Your favorite child is here." I call out into the house, knowing that Jasper isn't here and Avery is at school. Awsten just laughs.

"Remilynn Josephine. You know I don't have favorites." My mom calls back. I flinch a little bit at my name. Awsten looks down at me, a smirk on his face. Great. Thanks mom. She walks out of the kitchen, a towel in her hand, but stops when she sees Awsten. "Oh my heavens."

Smiling, I look up at Awsten. "Am I your favorite now?" I ask, looking back over at her.

She sends me a threatening glare before walking up to Awsten and pulling him into a hug. He's shocked for a second but quickly recovers and hugs her back. "Yeah, sorry. She's a hugger." I apologize.

He just chuckles and my mom pulls away. "It's okay. I'm Awsten. It's nice to finally meet you, Ms. Easton. Or, did you change when you got married?"

My mom looks back at me and gives me a thumbs up, causing me to groan and Awsten to laugh. She then turns back to Awsten. "Please, Sofie is fine. Although, if you want, I'm also okay with mom." She winks back at me and I groan again. "Jawn does all the time. He's like a second son to me."

I decide to cut in before she can embarrass me anymore. "Where's Henry?" I ask, wanting Awsten to meet my stepdad.

She rolls her eyes, knowing what I'm doing. "He's at the shop, where he usually is." A timer then starts going off in the kitchen. "And that would be lunch. I was in the middle of making some for Henry to take to him. Are you two going to stay for lunch?"

Before Awsten can accept, because know he will, I answer. "How about you get lunch ready while I give Awsten a small tour of the house and then Aws and I can take Henry his lunch. I wanted to take Awsten by the shop anyways, as a surprise."

Thankfully, she understands what I'm hinting at, due to Awsten giving me a questioning look when I mention the shop. There's another reason that I wasn't too worried about my mom not liking him. "Okay. I'm sure Awsten and Henry will get along just fine."

She gives both of us a hug before hurrying off to the kitchen. "Thanks mom." I call after her before looking at Awsten. "Told you she would love you."

He continues to give me his questioning look before smirking. "What's at the shop, Remilynn?"

I groan at the name. "Don't you start with me, Awsten Constantine. And the shop is a surprise." He goes to say something, but I cut him off. "Nope. Tour time." He playfully glares at me. "I love you."

Shaking his head, he rolls his eyes before giving me a quick kiss. "I love you too, jellybean." I smile up at him before taking his hand and leading him on a tour of the house. It's nothing too big, just a couple of bedrooms, the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen. He loved seeing my old bedroom that still has all of my band posters up on the walls.

I saved the kitchen for last so that we can grab lunch and go. I love my mom, I do, but she loves to embarrass me. Which is what I was a little worried about. I give her a quick hug and Awsten does the same. "I love you, mom."

She hands me the lunch she has packed for Henry. "I love you too. That's why I do what I do. Because I love you. I hope to see you again sometime soon, Awsten. It was so lovely getting to meet you."

Awsten gives her a smile. "I hope so, too. Have a wonderful day, Sofie." My mom holds a hand over her heart, being dramatic, as she looks over at me. Shaking my head, I lead Awsten back out to the car.

Once we are in the car, Awsten starts giggling, causing me to do the same. "I love your mom. She's great. We have to go back soon. Oh, and we're bringing Geoff and Otto next time. Jawn can also come."

I shake my head, still giggling. "Whatever you say, Aws. Let's just go give my stepdad his lunch."