Seeing red- Drarry

Even the Potions Prince got bored sometimes during double potions lessons. Today was one of those day. Instead of paying attention like he should've (which Hermione would later scold him for), Harry played with the red string tied around his pinkie. He knew who it was connected to, he had found that out last year once Sirius and Remus told him about what the string was for (in the process of talking about how they found out they were soulmates), and they have been dating for a year now. With a small smirk, Harry yanked on the red string. 

From across the room, Draco felt a tug on his pinkie finger. He didn't mind it at first until it happened again. And again. And again. Finally, Draco had had enough and harshly turned around to glare at his boyfriend. Harry smiled when he noticed Draco's stare and waved slightly. The blonde Slytherin rolled his eyes and turned back to face Professor Slughorn. Harry frowned and pulled on the string again. Draco's arm extended form the force of the pull. Unfortunately, that was the moment Slughorn decided to pay attention.

"Mister Malfoy." He reprimanded. Draco pulled his arm back, looking apologetically at the teacher. "It appears your soulmate is thinking of you." He chuckled. Draco forced a smile. "Do you know who they are?" Draco nodded. Slughorn chuckled again. "Mind sharing?" Harry perked up upon hearing the question. Ron sent him a confused look.

"Yeah, Malfoy." Harry dragged out. "Mind sharing with the class who your soulmate is?" Draco turned to glare at the raven headed boy. "I'm sure everyone is dying to know." Harry added, resting his head on his folded hands, making sure the Slytherin boy saw the red tie on his finger. Draco's glare intensified as he shook his head.

"I'd rather not, Potter." He spat before turning back to Professor Slughorn. "If you don't mind, Professor." He added. Slughorn waved it off.

"Not at all. Now, back to the lesson." Draco sent another glare Harry's way before returning his attention back to the lesson. 

When the potions lesson was over for the day. Harry made his way over to Draco before they left. This was the last lesson of the day after all so neither one had to rush off to make sure they got to the correct staircase before it moved. Ron and Hermione, who were indeed soulmates (they found that out during third year), returned back to the Gryffindor common room without the third member of the Golden Trio so they could make plans for the upcoming Hogsmeade trip. Draco was packing up his things when Harry started drumming on his deck.

"What are you doing?" Draco hissed. Harry shrugged. "Stop that! It's annoying." With a huff, Harry shoved his hands into his pockets. "Thank you." The Gryffindor boy made sure they were the only ones in the room and Slughorn was not paying attention before he lightly kissed the Slytherin's cheek. Draco smiled faintly and turned his entire attention to the Boy Who Lived. "Don't think you're off the hook for the stunt you pulled during the lesson." He started. Harry smiled. "We could've gotten caught!" The raven shrugged.

"But we didn't." He countered. Draco shout him a look. 

"But we could've." 

"But we didn't." Harry repeated ending the repetition, his meaning clear in his tone. "And if we did, what's the worst that would happen?" Draco raised an eyebrow.

"The whole school would know we were soulmates just because the house founders thought they were so clever by inventing these." Draco held up his pinkie, the red string connected the two Seekers so small it made moving their hands a little difficult. Harry pouted. "And for once I don't want my father hearing about this."

"Do you not like being my soulmate?" The raven asked, hurt evident in his voice. Draco's eyes widened slightly before he reached up and ran his hand through Harry's mess of raven black hair.