Handmade tattoos- Stony

Back in the forties, Steve Rogers would watch as people drew on their arms and someone, their soulmate, would write back. Then, he watched as everyone around him found said soulmate. Everyone except him. Whenever he would write something on his arm or his leg or any other body part he could reach reach with a pen, no one would write back like they were supposed to. He felt alone; like there was no one in the world that was destined to be his.

That was until he was trapped in the ice and woke up in the twenty-first century.

He was currently sitting in the living room of Stark, now Avengers, tower doodling all over his arm. Steve had given up hope on finding his soulmate a long time ago but now that he was in an entire different century? Please! He'd have a better chance at creating a time machine than find them. So now, he was just drawing for the hell of it not to locate someone; the Avengers weren't currently on a mission so there was nothing to do that day. Being bored out of his mind, the blonde picked up a pen that was sitting on the coffee table and decided to draw swirls and stars going all the way to his elbow.

The few Avengers that were around him didn't mind or they just didn't pay attention to what he was doing. It's not like it affected them much. Natasha and Clint were on a date so they weren't even in the room, Bruce was scribbling things down on his tablet (probably having to do with science), Thor was in Asgard so, again, he wasn't even in the room, and Tony, well he's Tony so he wasn't paying attention to anything but his work.

Well, that was until the design Steve was making appeared on his arm.

Steve wasn't paying attention to the world around him so he didn't see the shocked expression on Stark's face. Tony kept looking down at his arm then back at Steve, both confused and intrigued. Every small line Steve made appeared on his arm! That only happened with. . .

There was another pen on the table so Tony picked it up, uncapped it, and wrote a short message on his arm. Steve, look up.

When Steve noticed the message, he was confused at first but followed its instructions. He looked up and saw Tony holding up his arm; but he didn't pay any attention to it at first. When he noticed the design he was making show up on Tony's arm, he was speechless.

Steve had given up on finding his soulmate and Tony never tried to find his; he never really liked the whole "destined to be with you" thing. Who would've thought that they would find each other because they were teammates? No, who would've thought that Anthony Stark's soulmate was best friends with his father?

"So. . . We're soulmates?" Tony asked, breaking out of the stunned silence. Steve nodded weakly.

"I guess so." He whispered. Bruce's head shot up when he heard Steve's response. Natasha and Clint walked in just in time to here the question and answer. To say they were confused would be an understatement.

"You two are what?" Natasha questioned with a small smile forming on her lips. She encouraged Steve to reach out to his soulmate but he always shot her down. Now she's going to rub it in his face for the rest of their lives. If only she can get Bruce to get off his ass and locate his. 

"Soulmates." They responded together, smiling warmly. The room fell silent after that. None of them knowing what to do with the newly found data.

~~~

Tony and Steve had gotten married a year after they found out they were destined for each other. Shortly after, they adopted a baby boy. Well, they wouldn't necessarily say baby, he was four when they adopted him; leaving him five as of right now.

Steve was sitting on the floor, drawing with his son when he accidentally drew an orange line on his arm while coloring. The young boy looked up and pouted slightly.

"Oops." Peter commented, putting the marker down and looking to Steve.

"It's fine. We can just go wash it off." Steve told him. They were about to get up when Peter stopped and gasped.

"Papa look!" He exclaimed, showing Steve his arm. The small line that he wrote on his arm turned into a small smiley face. Peter's face lit up. Even though there is no connection to the two, Steve swears Peter has Tony's smile.

"Looks like your soulmate is trying to talk to you." Steve remarked, putting some of the markers away.

Peter giggled and continued drawing the beginnings of pictures on his arm. The small lines quickly became full by the person on the other end of the soulbound connection. Steve smiled softly, watching his son communicate with his soulmate.

"Why don't you introduce yourself, Pete?" He suggested. Peter looked up, his eyes wide, before quickly scribbling down my name's Peter. What's yours? Steve chuckled softly and continued to put away the coloring supplies.

"She said her name was MJ!" Peter exclaimed. Steve nodded in acknowledgment. "I hope she has a pretty bicycle." Steve just laughed.

Tony, who was originally down in the lab, had walked up when he heard the beautiful sound that was their son giggling. Steve might've thought Peter had Tony's smile, but that giggle was purely Steve's.

"What's going on?" He asked with the biggest and goofiest smile the two had ever seen plastered on his face. Steve stood up and walked over to his husband, leaving Peter to talk to MJ.

"Peter is communicating with his soulmate." Steve answered before giving Tony a kiss. "He said her name was MJ." Tony raised an eyebrow.

"MJ, huh?" Steve nodded. "Well, you know what this means." Steve nodded again.

"He goes to Clint for help with girls."