Black and white- Frostiron

The phrase the world's in black and white had never been more true than two a pair of soulmates who had not met each other. Most people found it romantic that when you found your destined significant other, the world would suddenly be in color. Others thought it was cliché. Which, in there defense, it kind of was.

Which is why it wasn't rare for people to say screw it and not find their soulmate. Take Antony "Tony" Edward Stark for example. Did he care that whenever he went out with someone, the world around him didn't change? Nah, he just wanted to have some fun. Tony Stark wasn't necessarily the "white picket fence with 2.5 kids" type person. He was more of a. . . Fuckboy, let's be honest. And he was fine with that.

Still not convinced? Then let's look at Loki Laufeyson. He didn't want to find his soulmate either. Said he didn't believe in that type of magic. Was he fine with seeing in black and white for the rest of his extremely long life? Not really but he did not want to see in color even more. Especially not after he learned of his true parentage. He felt a twinge of sympathy for his soulmate whenever he thought about what his actions would do but it quickly went away.

So did these two know that they were going to find each other in the midst of war? A war in which they were fighting on two different sides? That thought never even crossed their minds until now.

Tony was walking into his tower, letting JARVIS take the off the pieces of what he was hoping was his hot rod red iron suit. He was on a mission and he knew the enemy would be waiting for him inside. After all, it was the only building with his name on it. As Tony was walking and talking to the enemy, he was slightly aware of the fact that the black and white landscape that was around him was slowly changing colors. Slightly aware.

Loki realized it too. He watched as the black and white colors he was staring at moments before quickly turned into colors he has only heard and read about in books. Colors like blue and red. His own battle armor was changing to colors like gold and green. Slowly at first and they were easing their way up and around the object he looked towards. He raised an eyebrow at it, clearly confused.

It wasn't until the two enemies came face to face with each other. Until Tony walked into the living room and Loki snapped his attention to the man that was supposed to be his enemy at the time. Not until then did the two realize what all of this meant.

When Tony walked into the room the two men had to take a step back at the sudden attack of colors. The colors they were only supposed to see when they found their soulmate. And boy did they find theirs.

"No." Loki whispered, still not believing what he was seeing. "This can't be. We can't be." He shook his head, forcing himself to not believe.

"What. . . I don't understand. Why did this happen?" Tony asked, looking dazed and confused. He hadn't heard what the god said.

"We are enemies! Not partners!" Loki seemed to yell at the air. No one was listening to him. No one was going to take the color he was seeing away. There was nothing he could do; they were soulmates and that bond was not something you could mess around with. Only fools would dare try and Loki was no fool. Thor maybe but not Loki.

"I think we are." Tony accepted with a shrug of his shoulders. Bruce and Natasha met on the job so it didn't startle the billionaire. Steve had mentioned that he found his soulmate, Peggy, on the military base before the doctor picked him for the serum. Loki looked at him, the expression he was giving would make anyone feel bad.

"But I'm a monster. I don't deserve love." He whispered. Tony walked up to his new found lover and wrapped him in a hug. Screw the war that was going on around him! Screw the team! Screw his responsibilities! His soulmate was hurting and it made him feel bad.

"You are not a monster." Tony assures him. "Not to me." Loki looked at the shorter man that had his arms wrapped around him, his form slowly starting to change.

"Oh really?" He asked. "Look at me." Tony looked up at the Frost Giant that was standing right in front of him and smiled. Was this what Jane Foster felt when she met Thor?

"You are not a monster." He repeated. "You are beautiful." Loki scoffed.

"No one else seems to think that." He mumbled. "My own father used to tell me stories of how terrible my kind were. My brother wanted to kill my entire race!" Loki argued.

"Well who cares what they think?" Tony countered. Loki raised an eyebrow. "I think you're beautiful and that's all that should matter."

"Like that old phrase?" Loki asked. "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb?" Tony just stared at the raven haired god before nodding slowly.

"Sure." He dragged. "Like that." Loki smiled softly before kissing Tony's soft lips and retreating back to his usual form. "If I knew what that meant." Loki chuckled softly.

"It means that relationships formed outside of blood are stronger than those formed by it." He explained. Tony's mouth rounded out as he seemed to understand.

"Oh! That's what it means? Then yeah, like that."