Rebirth and soulmates are tricky- Hawkgirl x Hawkman

Kendra Saunders looked down at her arm as she made a cup of coffee. Her clock read 0:0:1:3:41:5. . . 0:0:1:3:41:4. . . 0:0:1:3:41:3. . . She mentally groaned but she smiled and handed the cup of coffee to its owner. Her boss would yell at her if she didn't remain happy. But Kendra didn't want to wait the day, three hours, the now forty minutes, and 58 seconds she had left until she'd meet her soulmate so obviously she'd be annoyed. She wanted to meet him-or her, she won't judge-that second. However, she knew there was no point in trying to speed up the timer. People have tried in the past but it never succeeds. 

~~~

Chay-Ara sped-walked along the halls of the palace trying to waste the remaining time she had in her counter. She had less than a minute until she was supposed to met her soulmate and she was already practically bouncing as she walked along the corridors. There were no footsteps that she could hear but that didn't stop her from exploring the palace because she now had less than twenty seconds left. She would run into her soulmate within twenty seconds; she was destined to.

Suddenly, she ran into something and stumbled backwards. Chay-Ara didn't run into a wall, at least she didn't think so when she heard something fall along with her. Rubbing her eyes, she looked up expecting to another servant but saw Prince Khufu sitting there across from her instead. She jumped to her feet and extended a hand to him. Prince Khufu accepted it and, with the help from Chay-Ara, he stood up.

They both glanced to their arms to find that their clocks flashed 0:0:0:0:0:0. Prince Khufu and Chay-Ara smirked as they looked up at each other. The two had finally found their soulmates which just so happened to be each other. Everyone was wondering who the soulmate of the prince would be and Chay-Ara was pleased to learn that it was her.

Prince Khufu didn't let go of her hand, he just pulled her closer to him. Chay-Ara smiled brightly as she was pulled to his chest. Khufu leaned down and Chay-Ara stood up a little taller until their lips met in a kiss.

~~~

Kendra's shift ended a half hour ago when Iris came in to take over. Once she put her apron away and clocked out, Kendra was free to do whatever she pleased. So she decided to walk over to S.T.A.R Labs to see if Barry or Cisco needed help with anything. Cisco and Kendra were close friends and nothing more so it wasn't uncommon for her to come over to the lab after her shift to see if they needed anything. After spending enough time at S.T.A.R Labs, she developed a relationship with Barry. 

Barry and Cisco just told her that they had everything covered so she left and headed home. It was a small apartment but it was cozy and Kendra loved it so she didn't complain; at least not out loud. She could only wish that her soulmate she's supposed to meet in seventeen hours, twenty-three minutes, and six seconds. . . five seconds. . . four seconds would feel the same. Or if they didn't, Kendra could always move in with them. That was acceptable, right?

Sighing in comfort, Kendra took her shoes off and fell onto her bed. She wasn't that hungry or dirty so she didn't bother making dinner or showering; she didn't even bother changing clothes, Kendra just fell asleep. She had earned her sleep time.

~~~

Edith walked along the street, minding her own business, not caring about the timer that was quickly ticking down, when she rounded the corner. The man that was also rounding the corner from the other way ran into her. Not that it was his fault! They both weren't paying attention. Edith quickly apologized and so did Joe Boardman.

He helped her up from the ground as she brushed off the rubble and dust from her dress. Joe offered her a smile that she returned. The two didn't realize what their timers were blinking until they looked down and noticed them. Edith and Joe looked back up at each other and embraced each other in a loving hug and then a passionate kiss.

~~~

Kendra woke up the next day and got dressed for the day. She sluggishly made and ate breakfast before she set off for another day of work. The timer was ticking down quicker than usual but Kendra wasn't paying much attention to that, she had her eyes focused on what was in front of her so she didn't run into someone.

But the cars honking grabbed her attention and the people walking by pulled and pushed her in different ways so her goal wasn't always achieved every day on her way to work. Today was different from those days where she was pushed into someone accidentally; today she wasn't pushed or tugged or anything every which way. Nothing Kendra did today would be random because today was the day she would meet her soulmate.

Of course, Kendra wasn't paying attention to the ticking time bomb on her arm when she ran into a tall man as she walked to Jitters. That man didn't seem to be affected by her running into him, he just caught her before she stumbled back. The man she ran into shared the same time on his timer as Kendra did: 0:0:0:0:0:0.

Now, Kendra had been getting these weird visions of the same man over and over again but in different time periods. He felt familiar but at the same time she couldn't recognize him. When Kendra looked up at the man that helped her keep her balance everything came rushing into her mind at once. It was overwhelming so the only thing that came out of Kendra's mouth was something stupid but sweet at the same time.

"You." She exclaimed. The man smiled, holding Kendra closer to him.

"Chay-Ara?" He asked. Kendra gasped, hearing her old name sending chills down her spine. She wrapped her arms around his neck, capturing his lips in a kiss. His smile grew as he spun her around. She laughed, pressing her forehead against his. "Chay-Ara!"

"Prince Khufu!"