Chapter 28

Ben's POV

All those terrible minutes. Not knowing what happened. Not knowing where they were. Not knowing if they were safe. Only knowing that they were in there.

Almost the whole castle has burned down, only the west wing still held up.

More and more people were coming out of their houses and looked in shock to the burning castle. There was a big crowd of people around us, all looking in the same direction. Some of them quietly talked, but most were just staring at the big threatening flames.

I had given Grace to my mom and she was still curled up sleeping. How could you still sleep with all this going on though.

All of a sudden the people began talking and pointing to the right side of the castle. I looked and saw a little blur in the smoke. When it came closer I saw what it was, or rather who.

'Mal!' I ran towards her and Fairy Godmother with my heart in my mouth.

When I finally reached them I hugged Mal tightly and held her close to me.

'Don't ever leave me again, please,' I whispered.

'I won't,' she said.

I looked in her eyes, which were watery from the fire.

'I love you,' I said smiling as I haven't done in months.

'I love you too,' she said and kissed me.

'Ahhhhh,' Evie, Jane and Lonnie said in unison.

'Yeah really sweet, but uhm, what are we gonna do about this huge burning castle behind you,' Jay said sarcastically.

'Wait. Are the pirates still in there?' Carlos asked.

'How did this even happen?' Audrey asked.

Mal looked at Fairy Godmother.

'Well, it went like this,' Fairy Godmother said.'We went inside and looked for the pirates. When we found I tried a spell, but it didn't go the way it was supposed to, so then everything was on fire. We quickly tried to get away and the pirates followed us, but at one point the ceiling fell down behind us. The pirates were a little behind us, but the ceiling fell between us so they were trapped. Mal and I couldn't do anything so we just kept running.'

'S-so they are still there?' Evie asked.

'If they didn't find another way to get out, then yes,' Mal said hanging her head.

They had done terrible things, but still no one deserved to dye like this.

'I could try to douse the fire with a spell,' Fairy Godmother suggested.

'You could try indeed, but it's really big,' Belle said.

'Just try. Just on the off chance,' Mal said.

Fairy Godmother took her wand and turned to the still burning castle. She took a deep breath and pointed her wand to the castle.

'Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo,' she said loud and clear.

A big bright white light filled the air. It was blinding, but you could see a little bit of the castle rebuilding itself. After a minute or so, the light was fading away and believe it or not, Auradon looked exactly as it looked before.

And then my eye fell on a group of pirates sitting tight up in ropes beside the castle. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw them there alive, but we had to make sure that every single one of them will be send back to the Isle. But that was something to worry about later.

First it was completely quiet as everyone was amazed by this. But then everyone suddenly cheered and applauded. Which was understandable, since everything was finally back normal. After months of suffering desperation, we were free again.

___________________________________________________________________________

Mal's POV

The evening came and whole Auradon City was decorated with flags and other decorations and everywhere you looked was confetti. People were dancing and celebrating on the street with music heard over the whole city. 

I sat with Ben on a bench on his lap in the huge park with Grace in my arms, watching all the people dance under the bright stars.

In one week, everything would be going back to normal. We're going back to school and stuff, worrying about nothing else than school work and annoying teachers. Basically back to our normal routine.

We have to attend two more years at Auradon Prep and then graduate. And after this whole "adventure" I was actually looking forwards to that.

So in two years, we'll go live in our own castle and reign together. The others are gonna sign up for college or whatever they wanna do next. But until that, we're gonna enjoy our last 2 year at Auradon Prep.

I looked at Ben and smiled. He looked back and smiled too, then leant forward to me and we locked lips. I knew that there still was a long way ahead of us, but I knew that he would be with me. Cause as he said: I'm Always by your side.

The End

___________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

Hi everyone!

So this was the last chapter of this book and I'm now considering if I want to write a sequel or to begin a new book.

But anyways, thanks y'all for reading and voting. I hope you enjoyed my very first story!:)

See ya next time!

xxxPava