Chapter 23

Mal's POV

Two weeks passed by and we all were still stuck in that prison. Everyone got kinda used to it; we woke up in the morning, they brought us each a slice of stale bread and milk, then we talked or whatever, in the evening they gave us the same as breakfast plus an apple, then we went to bed and I listened to the snorring of the others (cough - Jay - cough cough) till' I finally fell asleep.

I had been almost 6 months pregnant, but I still didn't really realize that in a few months I would be a mom. Although, now we were trapped in this prison, I didn't know what would happen to me nor the baby. Maybe we wouldn't survive, but if we did, how could we raise a baby in a prison.

We just had "breakfast", when I sat down on one of the benches looking at Evie and Dizzy on another bench, who were braiding each other's hair. Jane and Carlos were playing with Dude, while Lonnie and Jay were talking about last fencing season. Doug was reading a tiny book, which he for some reason always took with him wherever he went. Chad was helping Audrey with her hair and the adults were in a corner talking about whatever adults talk about.

Ben came sit beside me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

'How're you holdin' up?' He asked.

I stared to the wall trying to hold in my tears, but of course Ben could read my face.

'You can tell me, you know that,' Ben told me.

'I-I... ' I started, but then I lost it.'I don't know. Ben, I'm almost 6 months and we have no idea how long we'll be stuck in here, or if we will get away at all! What if I have to give birth in here? I didn't like it before, being pregnant and all, but now it's even worse. I don't think I'll survive it, neither the baby. But if we will in some way, she'll probably be raised in a prison. I don't want my child to grow up stuck in a place like this like I had to!' I said letting out all tears.

Ben wiped some tears from my face and pulled me close to him.

'I'm so sorry,' he said. I could hear he had to cry too.

'It's not your fault, Ben. The only one here to blame is Uma and you know that,' I told him.

'Yes, but... ' he began.

'No! No "buts".' I said stern.'You're not giving up, are you?' I asked him and looked him straight in the eyes.

He looked away and said nothing.

'Ben, we're not gonna let that shrimpy win, okay!' I said, or actually yelled.

'Shrimpy?' He said and I saw a little grin appearing on his with tears filled face.

'Yeah, I used to call her that back on the isle. But she calls me princess!' I told him.

'So? Shrimpy is way worse than princess,' he said.

'Nah ah, I'm the queen, not a princess,' I said and then he laughed.

'That's right,' he said and hugged me.

'We'll get through this, I promise,' he said.

I gave him a smile, but inside I was scared. It was like last time when they captured me, but now they didn't abuse me and I had my friends with me, so we could look after each other. Although I had no idea how this all was gonna end up, I wasn't alone.

Or so I thought.

___________________________________________________________________________

Uma's POV

'Harry, we're not letting Mal do duties again, okay!' I yelled at him.

'But, why not?' He asked.