Chapter 3

Clarke's P.O.V

The sound of murmers behind me pulls me from my sleep, Bellamy's body tossing and turning in his sleep. "Bell... Bellamy. Bell wake up!" I say, starting to rub and shake his shoulders. His face contorts with discomfort, sending shivers down my spine. "Bellamy! Bellamy, it's ok! Wake up!" I say shaking his body even more. He starts to thrash around in his sleep, scaring me and making tears prick into my eyes.

I couldn't help him, and I hated to see him so upset by something. I sat up and just clung to his body, "It's ok Bell... Just wake up. I am here..." I felt a tear slip, soaking onto his top. He sat bolt upright, scaring both himself and me. The look in his eyes of pure worry and sadness was enough to make me worry again. His eyes welled up as he grabbed my body, hugging me.

Bellamy wasn't the type of guy to get worried by things; this must have been really bad for him to be shedding a tear or two. I held onto him as he calmed his breathing down, holding onto me but pulling himself away to look into my eyes, "You were dead... you and O.... You were dead..." His voice was barely a whisper, but he didn't need to tell me anything for me to know that he was scared. I cupped my hands over his face, kissing his cheeks, "I'm here, don't worry. And so is O. Nothing has happened to us." He laid back down, nodding his head.

I looked over to the clock, seeing it was 4:49. I hadn't had much sleep but I was too awake now to go back to sleep. I swung my legs off the bed and grabbed Bellamy's discarded hoodie, pulling it on so it hung halfway down my thighs. I found a pair of leggings and threw them on too, turning round to see if Bellamy had fallen asleep yet. To my surprise he was looking over at me too. "Go back to sleep, I'm just going to go down to the beach for a walk. I'm not tired anymore so.." I said quietly. He shook his head and got out of the bed, walking over to me, "Nah Princess, I'm just as awake as you are. Give me a second and I'll go with you."

I walked over to the side of the bed, picking up my phone and texting O,

5:03 C: Bellamy and I have gone for a walk down the beach. Don't worry about us, we should be back 4 breakfast but if not then txt me where we are going and we will meet u there. Luv u xx

By the time I had finished Bellamy was pulling on his trainers and throwing our keycard in his pocket, walking towards the door. I got up and walked out the door behind him, letting it shut quietly as we tiptoed down the hallways to the main entrance. I linked my arm with his and we walked quietly down to the beach.

For this time in the morning it was surprisingly warmer than normal, but I was still cold and wrapped his jumper around me. "You know, for most men seeing a girl in their clothes is a turn on?" He said, his playful voice masking his own. I smiled, "Are you pointing this out because you get turned on by it?" I nudged his arm. He smiled back down at me, "Of course you'd wish." He winked and we carried on, nearing the sand.

We walked silently to the water line, taking in the beautiful view in front of us. A sunset in June is one of the most beautiful things you could see, "It's beautiful..." I breathed. "Yeah, it really is breathtaking..." Bellamy said beside me. I looked up to see his expresssion, but he was already looking at me. I felt the blood rush up in my cheeks, and I bit my lip absent-midedly as I smiled.

"Clarke..." My stomach fluttered at him calling me by my name, not my nickname, "Clarke, I have to tell you something. I can't keep this anymore as it is eating me up inside. And I know you don't feel the same way, so please just hear everything I have to say first." I nodded my head as he moved my body, taking my hands in his own.

"Clarke, I love you. I have loved you since that day you said that you thought my new glasses were cute, even though I had hated them. I know we are best friends, and I don't want to ruin that either, but you are my anchor in this world. You have been for years now, since Octavia met Lincoln even. You are the one thing that ties me to this world, that keeps me sane. When I had my 'bad boy' year as you call it, all I could think about was how much I was hurting you. I hated that feeling. And ever since, I haven't wanted to be with anyone else because the one person I wanted was you. I want you Clarke. But I completely understand that you don't feel the same way and I-" I crashed my lips into his, tears forming in my eyes again as the man I loved had said the words I had wanted him to say for years.