I'm What Now?

~El’s POV~

“Goodnight Fraser. Thank you for staying with me by the way.” I said as I kissed his forehead and went up to bed.

I crawled into bed and waited for sleep.

A couple of hours passed and to no avail, I couldn’t seem to sleep. I knew something was wrong but I had no idea what it was. I began to feel a slight pain in my stomach again.

“Ahh, I know. It’s nearly that time of the month again.” I explained to myself. I could hear Fraser going up to bed so I decided to get up and say goodnight again.

I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and stood up. The pain only seemed to be getting worse. Time for an ice pack from downstairs. As I reached my door the pain seared through my stomach and made me grab the door to stop me from falling.

“Fr-Fraser!” I managed to shout through the pain. It was worsening and worsening. My brother came running in as fast as he could to my aid.

“El… what’s wrong?” Fraser became seemingly worried. I couldn’t get any words out.

He grabbed his phone and dialed 911. For the second time in two days I blacked out to the sound of a frantic call to the hospital.

When I came round again I was lying down on a stretcher. A sea of worried faces were leaning over me.

“El we’re nearly there so just hang in there. We’re going to sort this.” A medic assured me. I tried to nod but the pain was still too much.

I was rushed inside and taken into a room. Nurses were running in and out. A          doctor entered and I sat up slowly. The pain was still running through the whole of my stomach. I felt like I was being eaten from the inside out.

“Now El, you need to tell us what’s wrong now. Try and be brave so we can help you.” He urged me to talk. I took a deep breath and felt the pain sear again.

“I-I… My stomach is in a lot of p-p-ain.” I managed to spit out.

“Ok, what type of pain?” he asked. I explained exactly how I felt and his face appeared to change. “I’ll be right back.”

When he re-appeared he was flanked by two nurses. One of them handed me a pot.

“We’re going to need to test your urine.” They explained. The other helped me into a wheelchair and to the toilets. I got it over and done with. The nurses disappeared, pot in hand. The doctor stayed with me whilst we waited.

A knock on the door signaled for him to go see what was going on. He got up and went outside. I could see him talking. He ran his hand through his hair in a frustrated manor.

“Right El, we need to take you somewhere else now. It appears you’re in labour.” He explained. He grabbed the wheel chair and pushed me towards the door. As he did so, I stuck my foot out and stopped us from moving.

“I’M WHAT NOW?” I yelled in disbelief and confusion.

“You’re having a baby El. I know it’s a shock but it’s happening.”

He rushed me over to the maternity ward. People were rushing around everywhere but everything appeared to be in slow-mo. My mind was reeling.

“El we’re taking you into the delivery room. It’s going to be a natural birth.” One of the midwives smiled sweetly at me. I nodded and bit my lip.

“FUCK THIS HURTS.” I screamed as I squeezed Fraser’s hand. In all honesty, no matter how mad I was at him, I was insanely happy to have him here.

“I phoned Vic he’s on the way.” He told me. I leaned my head back and felt another ‘contraction’. It still felt unreal.

“Does he know?” I managed to breathe out. Fraser shook his head.

“Are we ready to get this over with?” the man delivering my new baby asked.

“JUST FUCKING DO IT!”

“Ow!” Fraser yelled but I shot him a glare. “Sorry.”