Lost and Found

(VIC’S POV)

I watched the love of my life just walk away, in tears. It hurt so much but I couldn’t follow her. I don’t know why but I had to see if Ashley was ok. I mean, she was pregnant with my child. How did I mess this all up?

“VIC! GET HERE NOW!” Mike yelled from inside the house. I ran inside to find Ashley sprawled out on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.

“What happened?” I asked Mike who had been the first to notice.

“She just passed out and fell and hit her head. Now she’s bleeding” Mike blurted.

“Call 911! Someone call 911 now!” I yelled. Some guy picked up his phone and began dialing.

~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~      ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~       ~    

I sat in the waiting room feeling anxious. I hoped she and the baby were ok.

My phone started vibrating on the coffee table. It was a phone call from Tony.

I answered with a simple “yeah?”.

“Vic, is everything ok? I just heard. You’re in hospital. I don’t know much but I heard you left in the ambulance with a girl about an hour ago. Is El ok?” He seemed really worried. I wasn’t quite sure how I was going to tell him that El had taken off and Ashley was the one in the hospital. He’d probably kill me. He and El clicked straight away; they’d been inseparable ever since. Fuck. I was screwed.

“I’m leaving the party now, I’ll be there soon.” Tony said.

“Wait Tony, I have to tell you something. It’s not El in the hospital. It’s Ashley. El thought I was cheating on her with Ash and she took off.” I sighed. I felt so ashamed and guilty.

“What the fuck Vic?” Tony shouted. “Why are you back in contact with that girl? She was nothing but trouble. And you let El leave? How could you. You’re sick, mate.”

“Ashley’s 8 months pregnant…. It’s mine. We broke up a few days after she got pregnant. I had no idea until a week ago. “ I added to stop him from coming over and kicking my butt.

“Whatever dude. I only care about El.” He said and hung up.

I felt a twang of pain in my stomach. I knew he was right, I was sick. I’d messed up the best thing I’d ever had going for me.

(EL’S POV)

Walking away from the party, I turned around and looked back. Vic had gone inside. I really meant that little to him. I now had nowhere to go and all I had on me was alcohol. Ahh that took me back to my teenage years.

I carried on walking as far as my legs could take me. I ended up in a park on the other side of town. I slumped onto a bench and began to cry. My whole life I had worked hard for had fallen apart all in one day. I emptied my bag and began to drink the vodka. I laid down and looked up at the stars.

All of a sudden a tune popped into my head. ‘I learned from you’ from Hannah Montana. I giggled. I remembered watching it as a kid. I started singing it.

“I learned from you, that I do not crumble. I learned that strength is something you choose. All of the reasons to keep on believing, there’s no question; that’s a lesson I learned from you”

I thought about the lyrics. They really applied in my situation. I cheered up a bit, whether that was the alcohol or the song, I don’t know.

“Well that was a beautiful rendition of that song…” Someone said, stood over me.