Revelations

(VIC’S POV)

“I love you Elise” I told her. She looked me in the eyes.

“I love you too Vic” she replied. She was acting so oddly today, I wasn’t one to pry but I needed to know what was up. Twice today she had gotten upset over what I had said and I just couldn’t see why. Tony didn’t seem to know either.

“El…” I said quietly “What’s going on today? You know I can help or try to at least. What happened at the store?”

“Vic, please” she begged. I wanted to let her leave and get dressed but I couldn’t do that.

“No El.” I said adamantly “You have to tell me. I love you and gave you everything from the get go. Not to mention I had to chase around after you just to get you to give me the time a day. I’m 100% honest with you and I need you to do the same”

She just stared at the ground, stood still. Great, I’d upset her. Then she looked up at me and walked over to the bed. She tapped the space next to her with her hand so I sat down.

“Ok, do you remember the day we met?” She questioned. I nodded. “Well you remember the fact I was running? Basically… here goes” she paused.

“Go on” I encouraged her. She took a deep breath and began her story. In a way I was partially worried as to what she might say. Oh god, what if she was married, had kids or was a murderer? I knew I had to calm down and just listen.

“It all started when I moved here from London. I hated living in England and moved away as soon as I could. My early years were spent studying hard. That was until my dad killed himself. I fell apart and began to give up on my education. I skipped school and hung out with the wrong people, worried my mother sick. But then I realized that I needed to work hard to get over here. I cut off all ties to my friends and got away when I was 19.”

“El, I had no idea.” I mumbled, I reached my hand up to stroke her hair. She moved my hand to her land and held it in hers.

“That’s not the worst part… When I got here I had no cash. Then I met a guy called Max. He was amazing. Kind, handsome, generous and caring. He helped me get a job and before long I was living with him. It was so great for the first nine months; holidays and trips away. Then he got some new friends and began to change. He switched from the caring boyfriend to the controlling cunt that used me.” She said, squeezing my hand.

“Is that it El?” I questioned. She shook her head and carried on.

“He turned me into a slave basically. I did all the house work, was never allowed out, not allowed to eat much and he forced me to sleep with him. I had nowhere else to go Vic” she looked at me teary eyed.

“Then what happened” I had to ask. I needed to know.

“One night he practically raped me and threw me against a wall. I nearly passed out. The next day I didn’t do as he asked and he reached out and scratched my cheek.” She stated as she pointed to her cheek. There was still a very faint scar. I remember that it used to be very visible.

“That’s terrible.” I whispered. I was lost for words. She was so strong. How did I not know before?

“He went to throw a vase at my face but I spat in his face and ran. I ran as far and as fast as I could.  Then I ran into someone…” she paused and prodded my hand. “You.”

I was taken aback at what she had just told me. I couldn’t believe it. No wonder she’d gotten so down when I mentioned her weight and the day we met.

“El, did you ever speak to him again?” I scooted up closer to her and kissed her cheek.

“Once. I texted him saying it was over. He told me that he’d be hearing from me at some point and that I couldn’t hide forever. And that’s the reason I was crying; a friend of Max’s recognized me and confronted me. And it sucked, to be honest. I’ve been avoiding them for a year and a half.” She sighed.

“Well now that I know, I can help you?” I asked. Suddenly we heard a squeal. The door swung open and Tony fell onto the floor, Mike and Jaime were stood behind him.

“Mike, where have you been all day?” I questioned my brother. He never usually spent this long away from us. He shrugged and ushered El over to where he was stood. She walked over and looked up at him.

“You all heard that, didn’t you?” said El. Mike leaned in and hugged her tight. Jaime pushed him out the way and took her by the shoulders.

“Listen El, you ever see them again, you come and tell us. Got it?” He stated.

“YEAH US!” Tony yelled as he stood up.

“Guys, can you leave us for a while please” I asked the boys politely. They all nodded and closed the door after them.

She came back over to me and threw her arms around my neck. I was surprised she wasn’t in tears. She finished our hug and looked at me.

“100% honesty. I love it. I love you”

I looked back at her. I suddenly felt all shifty.

“Err yeah. 100% honesty. Right”. Maybe I should have told her….