Bed Rest

~EL'S POV~

I awoke in a bed, inside a room with white walls and covered in posters about medial things. Oh yeah, I’d passed out.

“El! You’re awake!” Vic yelled and attacked me into an embrace. I smiled and hugged back.

As he finally released me, a doctor walked into the room with an important looking clip-board. Not that clip boards can really look important but that was beside the point.

“Hello Miss Watts, how are you feeling?” he asked me. I sat up and faced him.

“A lot better thank you.”

“Good, good.” He nodded and looked over the papers. “Right, so we ran a few tests that we thought were necessary. Your friend who called this in said you complained of a headache. Did anywhere else hurt too?”

I thought about it.

“No. Just my head.” I replied.

“Good, so we won’t need to do anymore tests. We determined that this incident was bought on through you over working yourself and too much stress. You need a few days bed rest and you should be good to go.” He explained.

“Do I have to rest here?” I asked. He shook his head and left.

Vic looked at me with a soft smile across his cute face.

“I’m going to cancel the first few dates of our tour so I can stay with you” he said.

“No! You can’t!” I shouted. The door to my room opened slowly and Fraser poked his head round the corner.

“Bad time?” He asked.

“No, come in” Vic ushered him over. He approached me slowly and kissed my hair gently.

“Vic you have to go.” I resumed.

“No. I’ve got to stay and take care of you.”

“I don’t need to be taken care of.” I stated and looked away from him. God, he was so stubborn.

Vic got up and walked out of the room.

“El, I’ll talk to him. Ok? I’ll tell him I’ll stay and look after you. Yeah?” he soothed. I nodded.

“Why are you here anyway? Where did you go anyway?” I asked him. It was a subject he had avoided since he arrived on my door step.

“I found out where you lived from a friend who knew you. And when I left I travelled pretty much everywhere.” He explained. “Now, stop questioning me and let’s get your butt home.”

He took my jeans from the chair and helped me out to his car.

“El, Fraser spoke to me. He said he was going to take care of you. Are you sure you’re ok with this?” Vic asked me when we got home.

“Of course! Now go and pack. You leave early tomorrow. I love you. Now go!” I hurried him and kissed his nose before pushing him to the stairs.

Tony, Mike, Jaime, Vic, Natalie, Connor, Felix and Izzy all came over for one last meal before the big tour. It was our first time meeting Tony’s entire new "friend", Izzy.

“Are you boys excited?” Natalie asked them after we all ate. Her question was met, not with words but with grunts, groans and the occasional ‘woo’. “Your enthusiasm kills me, boys. It kills me.”

“So Felix and Connor, are you excited about your first tour?” I asked them.

“SO HYPED!” Connor yelled excitedly.

“WOO YEAAH BABY!” Felix jumped onto the sofa, landing on everyone sat there.

“Izzy, how about you? Are you excited about going on tour with Pierce The Veil?” I tried to make conversation with her. She smiled at me.

“I’m quite nervous, what’s it like?” she confided in me.

“It’s just sleeping, eating and then you get to see a free show.” I laughed. The guy’s all threw pillows at me.

At the end of the night, everyone left to go to get some sleep before the bus arrived tomorrow and 5:00AM sharp.

After my long day at the hospital I fell asleep as soon as soon as I hit the pillow, only to be awoken at 4:50.

“Hey baby, I’m going to say goodbye now. Ok? I love you and will miss you. Call me whenever you need anything yes? Take good care of yourself and I’ll be home in a few weeks!” he rushed and kissed me lightly on the lips.

“I love you!”I half whispered. “Now have fun!”

He ran off and down the stairs. Bless his heart, he was so happy.

And so began my few weeks without my future husband & soulmate.