Compromising...

Holy fucking crap.

With a sigh, I followed my rather pissed mate out of the living room, and up the stairs to our bedroom. Okay okay I might have been a bit snappy but to the hell with that why should I be the one to blame huh?

You know you're wrong

Oh there you are.

Missed me?

With that attitude you're forcing me to say no.

Liar liar pants on fire!

I don't know about the lying thing but my pants are definitely on fire...

Gasping at my own bravery and boldness, I obediently stepped in out bedroom, feeling my mate's anger and hurt pride through our bond. Oh dear..

Flinching just lightly as he shut the door closed, I dared peek up at him, only to be awarded with a pissed look and a cold stare.

"Listen Le---"

"No Alexia you listen. I understand that you have a few... Emotional explosions from time to time and that you cannot help it.."

His pause meant a lot. We both knew it could be stopped, and hopefully it would, yet it wasn't wise to interrupt him now with a cheeky comment.

"... But you MUST realise how difficult it is for me to hold myself back from doing something I'd regret..-

"What do yo---

"Do not interrupt me, Alexia." His voice came out extremely quiet yet with so much power behind it. His Alpha genes were most probably screaming, and it was touching that he had all this self control in store for me but.. Scary.

Remaining quiet, I nodded at him, nervously biting my lip. I felt like I was getting scolded, and I somehow was.

Running a hand through his tousled hair, my man glanced down at me with an icy look.

"You cannot imagine how difficult this is for me. Having to keep up with any emotional roller coaster you get. Wanting to soothe you but holding back because you want to wait. Ignoring my wolf and controlling the urge to punish you for constantly arguing or disrespecting me. We are mates but I am still an Alpha. With hundreds of responsibilities and duties. With a pride that goes down the hill every time you defy me in front of the pack. I love you to bits, I would give my life for you without a second thought but it isn't only me who has to work for that. You knew very well who you were mates with when was first met. You knew about my pack and the way I rule. I've been too large with you and everybody..."

His tone grew louder and his face more frustrated as I sat there, with my mouth hanging open in surprise. I never knew he felt that way, that I was undermining him.

"... I've neglected the issues going on because I'm constantly trying to fix things between us, or be the good mate I have to be for you, making sure you feel welcome in here. Hell we are threatened by hunters and the fighters have been slacking for eons!" Leo said quietly, yet with rough voice as his knuckles turned white while he clenched his fists.

"I love you and cherish the time we spend together. But we both have been ignoring our responsibilities. We are Alpha and Luna. And we respect each other. Or we ought to.."