Chapter One: Remember

Alana stretched out along the soft bed like a cat, sighing.  She turned over to look at her boyfriend with a smile.  He looked so peaceful as he slept beside her, occasionally snoring softly.  She pulled the sheets up to her chin and snuggled up to his warm muscular body.  His smooth, lightly tanned face was smattered with some dark stubble and his thick, deliciously disheveled dark hair looked so soft that she wanted to run her hands through it.  Her smile widened when she remembered how she met Joshua Dawson.  

Nearly a year ago, before she was to begin her first day at EcoHomes, she had accidentally bumped into him at a café while standing in line to buy breakfast.  She had been so nervous and fidgety that she stumbled over her apology.  On the other hand, he had been exceedingly understanding and collected about the situation, and exuded such a calm and protective aura, that she couldn't help but feel both relaxed and drawn to him.  Apparently he had been interested as well, because just as she was leaving with her coffee and pastry, he caught up with her and asked for her number.  Occasionally, he reminded Alana of her first ex, but as far as she knew, was a lot more serious and sometimes very work-oriented.  She didn't fault him for that though, because Josh did a wonderful job balancing his work, girlfriend and social and familial life.

She sighed and closed her eyes; she had to get to the office in a couple hours, and considering the fact that there was an important meeting with Solux, Alana knew that she should be getting into the shower now.  But it was far too warm, far too soft and far too comfortable to get out of bed and go to work.  It didn't help that it was Friday.

She felt Josh stir beside her, and opened her eyes.

He smiled at her and gently leaned forward to lightly kiss her lips, his large, rather rough hand curving along the flare of her hip.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" Josh asked as he pulled back.

"I don't want to," Alana said, closing her eyes again.  "I wish it were Saturday already."

"You should though," he said, his countenance becoming serious.

"I know."

Light tingles spread throughout her as his hand made slow, soothing circles on the soft skin of her thigh.  "Come on, baby," Josh urged gently.  "Get up."

A sudden idea popped in her head.  She opened her eyes again and bit her lip, smiling shyly.  As swiftly as she could, Alana rolled on top of him and rubbed against his hips suggestively, a curtain of dark silky hair lightly brushing against her boyfriend's chest.

"How about you give me some... inspiration?" she asked, the corner of her lip tugging into a smirk.

She slowly undulated her pelvis against his, her panties slipping along his boxer briefs.

Josh pressed his head into the pillow and gave a tortured groan.  Alana smiled when she felt his arousal strain against the material and press between her legs.

"Fine," he sighed, sounding defeated.  He wrapped his hands around her wrists and pulled her in for a swift, hard kiss.

"But we need to make it quick or you'll be late."

~*~

Alana sighed and ran a hand through her windblown hair as she made her way towards her office in EcoHomes.  After her frolic in the bed with Josh, she had taken a quick shower and changed before realizing just how little time she had before she would be late.  There hadn't been any time for breakfast, but she wasn't going to starve herself.  Josh had already been worried about how she was looking thinner and thinner as the weeks went by.  At first, he'd thought she was sick, but Alana assured him that she wasn't.  According to her doctor, it was just stress.  So she made sure to buy a bagel with cream cheese and a soy mocha on her way.