Chapter Twelve: Coincidence

Note: This chapter contains sexual material.

“You’re back late,” Alana said, making her way over to the front door from the living room.  “I already ate, but I still have some leftovers in the microwave.”

She watched as Gino stripped off of his suit, shirt, tie and pants with astonishing speed.  She’d never seen his face so drawn.   

“No, I’m fine,” he sighed, brushing past her in his boxer briefs.  She blinked, and followed him into their bedroom, where he collapsed onto their bed with a groan.  He laid there for a moment, and Alana sat next to him and ran a hand through his soft golden hair. 

“Is everything okay?”

Gino turned his head against the pillow and mumbled, “The meeting went on longer than I thought.  I’m sorry I couldn’t get back for dinner.”

“It’s not a problem,” Alana smiled.  She shifted slightly so that she was at the proper angle to see his face.  “If you want, I can heat up some soup—”

“I’m not hungry,” he interrupted.  “Just tired.”

There was silence for a moment.  She furrowed her brows and pursed her lips.  He did sound exhausted.

Gino rolled his shoulders and turned his neck, exhaling gustily.  Were his muscles too tight?

Alana moved so that she was straddling his hips and began to rub his shoulders.  She made sure to press her thumbs firmly yet gently into his strong back.  The close contact, heat and feel of his muscle sent tingles along her arms.

He moaned appreciatively and closed his eyes.  “Mm.  That feels good.”

She smiled; she knew he was working hard and the stress was building up on his body.  Alana continued to massage the tense muscles in his neck, shoulders and back.  They were already nice and firm before, but it felt harder now that he was so tired.

Gino arched into her hands when she began to work on an incredibly stiff knot near his shoulder blades. 

“I hope this won’t happen too often,” she heard him sigh into the sheets.

“Hmm?”

“Long meetings.  Otherwise I won’t be able to spend as much time with you.  But I can’t say no to these massages.”

Alana giggled and slowly ran her hands down his back.  He hissed and shivered slightly.   

Suddenly, Gino turned and pulled her up against him, his lips brushing against hers.  “Thanks babe,” he murmured and trailed his mouth along her jaw, up to her ear and nibbled gently.  "I feel a lot better now."

She gasped when she felt his large warm hands trail beneath her shirt and lightly knead her waist, before slipping up to trace patterns on her back.  He turned her around, continuing to lick and suck the elegant curve of her neck while his hands began to firmly yet gently rub the muscles of her shoulders and back.

Alana hummed and leant into his hands.  It didn’t matter if they were rough; she had first hand experience to know how talented they could be. 

She reached behind her and cupped the back of his head, her fingers threading through his soft hair.  Leaning back, her mouth sought his and he gave her the kiss she desired, his lips lightly sucking at hers.

After a moment, Gino pulled back with a sigh, but had slid his hands down to massage her lower back.  Alana noted that his eyelids looked heavy. 

“Let’s freshen up,” she said, standing.  “You need some sleep.”

He nodded and slowly got up.