Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Sally’s POV

I followed Satan meekly, not knowing how to escape. On top of that, I had Lucifer to worry about; and of course, Aaron…

“Keep up!” He bellowed, and I scampered after him.

We reached the chambers rather quickly, and a sense of impending doom loomed over me. We had to stop Satan before he got too far, but how?

When we entered, I automatically went to the same couch he normally got me to sit in, however, it seems my traitorous behavior got to him bad.

“You will stand.”

I tried to study his expression, but unfortunately for me, his voice was the only indication of anger I was getting. I gulped and stood silently.

“Do you know what ‘trust’ is, Sally?” He asked casually.

I nodded stiffly.

“Speak!” he yelled across the room, and I whimpered in fear before responding.

“Yes,” I choked out.

“It’s a very powerful tool. It can easily be used to make or break someone.” He looked straight at me, right into my soul, “To trust, is hard; but to break trust? That’s almost as easy as your ones, twos and threes. Was it easy for you, Sally?”

I remained quiet. He was trying to get me to breakdown. He was trying to play his stupid mind games.

I wouldn’t fall for them.

“Won’t fall for what, Sally?”

Unexpectedly, a stab of pain shot through my body, causing me to double over.

“What were their plans, Sally?” He asked seriously.

I refused to answer.

My fingers and toes started getting hot. The temperature was getting higher steadily. I bit my cheek to stop myself from screaming; because I would, if I could.

“You are a lot stronger than you look,” he taunted.

My breathing turned shallow. I could just barely hold myself up anymore.

“Fine!” I finally yelled out. As soon as the words escaped my lips, all the pain and pressure was gone, and I collapsed on the floor, breathing hard..

“They don’t… They don’t know anything yet,” I finally said, mentally slapping myself as each word escaped my lips.

He looked at me skeptically. “You mean to tell me, that after all the useless meetings they had trying to plot something against me, hey still know nothing…?” Satan looked unsure for a mere nanosecond, before he appeared in front of me and wrapped a hand around my neck.

 “I- I’m telling the truth,” I choked out, trying to remove his hands from my neck, but my efforts were futile.

Satan narrowed his eyes, and studied me carefully. I let him read my thoughts, since I had nothing to hide now anyways.

After a few agonizing moments, he finally dropped me, but I could still feel his hands on my neck.

He looked at me once again, and smiled.

That’s when I knew I was in trouble.

He walked towards me slowly. “Stand!” He commanded, and I did so without hesitating. “We…” He started, and I gulped, “are going to Heaven.”