Chapter 3

Dedicated to eeveeove4571 for her birthday! Happy Birthday :D

Chapter 3

Lucifer's POV

A girl? A little teenage girl? A scowl errupted on my face. Had I landed the role of a babysitter? How does someone like her get damned to Hell, anyways? I was fuming, unable to comprehend her situation. Torture her? Easy. However, the question was why? I had been here long enough to know that Hell served justice to those who were wronged. However, I also knew that someone as stupid and naive as her had no place in Hell.

My mind was racing with all the possibilities and reasons she could be here. My role was to handle the worst cases. I handled people like Hitler, not simplistic girls like her. I couldn't help but question whether this was a mistake or a plan. How could she possibly be used by Satan? Would she help him - willingly? I clawed at my mind, looking at her situation from every possible angle. Perhaps... perhaps her sin was deception. With looks like those, she could commit murder and make herself seem innocent.  

Whether or not she was actually involved, I had to speak with Father. He was an articulate and manipulative bastard and I was sure his plan had somehow developed. Although it seemed as though nothing had changed, chaos had recently started to overcome Hell. However, I knew that his plan was the reason behind this organized chaos that had befallen us. It would be foolish to confront him with my suspicions, unless I had a death wish. It would certainly defeat all our carefully calculated planning and lead to utter failure. I couldn't afford to arouse any suspicion, but with this puerile move, he couldn't deny me an explanation.

In my thousand years of observing the poor souls who were sentenced to Hell, I had learnt never to judge by appearances. There was a reason so many humans were able to commit the crimes that they did, and escape the repercussions of their actions.

But never in the afterlife, I thought darkly. Once a soul entered the afterlife, every sin they had ever committed is revealed.

However, Hell judged fairly and some were even allowed to repent their sins and therefore sent to Heaven. Unfortunately, recently more and more souls were crowding the depths of Hell, and it was expanding without any boundaries. It was difficult to deduce any conclusions through a small change in trends. However, somehow, we were all aware that Father's plan was so meticulously planned that he could not be directly blamed from any angle.

My thoughts once again diverted to this girl. Sally Jackson. I tested her name in my mind. My judgements could have been blatantly wrong, and she could have been the master of deception; however, I couldn't seem to digest that thought. For justified reasons, the true nature of the crimes the souls committed was never revealed, but it was always possible to sense the aura of the crime. We were trained to judge the true extent of their malicious actions and therefore direct them to the right punishment. Sally Jackson was either the most manipulative and deceitful soul I have come across... or she could simply be an ordinary girl who was brought here due to my Father's irrational whim.

I hurried my steps as I realized that the sooner I learnt of the reasons of her sentence, the sooner I would be able to move the plan along. Perhaps she could come of use to us. Unfortunately, there was the larger possibility that Father would be using her as a double agent. where my thoughts had led me.

In a futile attempt to divert my thoughts, I decided to focus on my surroundings rather than my conflicting inner thoughts. My sharp eyes took in my surroundings; like always, it was always completely silent. The corridors told me that my destination was close by. The hallways were slowly darkening, however, living here for a thousand years allows you to operate without the glaring need for sight. My eyes automatically shut and I visualised the different tortures the poor souls had to undergo. Each door I passed projected a vivid and crude image of the scenes inside them.