Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Sally’s POV

“Lucifer!” I yelled at him, just as he was about to faint.

“Do-Don’t worry,” he said, rather weakly.

I glared at him. For some reason, my usually, easily provoked tears weren’t flowing, however, that didn’t mean I wasn’t worried. “What the hell do you mean, don’t worry? Do you see the condition you’re in?” I asked as I roughly tried to use my t-shirt to soak up his blood.

“I can’t die,” he said faintly. I looked at him confused. “I’m a devil. Can’t die unless special blade…” He trailed off, his eyes fluttering.

I let out a huge relieved sigh. I seriously wouldn’t be able to stand it if someone else died. “Lucifer?” I whispered.

“Hmm?”

“How fast do you heal? Because we have to meet Cindy and Aaron in five minutes and I don’t like leaving them by themselves.” I chewed on my lip. I really didn’t want either of them to come face to face with one of the spirits. I knew for sure that they’d have a mental breakdown.

“Take out the knife,” he wheezed. I looked at him as if he was crazy.

‘Lucifer, you’re going to start bleeding uncontrollably if I do,” I said cautiously, wondering if he’d gotten a concussion as well.

“Just do it,” he snapped.

“Nike,” I mumbled, before slowly working on taking out the blade from his body without causing too much damage.

As expected, as soon as the blade left his body, blood gushed out of his body. “Damn it!” I cursed, before deciding to take out his t-shirt. I used the un-soaked part of the t-shirt to cover up the wound, and soon enough, the blood had stopped flowing, and Lucifer was beginning to gain consciousness.

I removed the t-shirt from the wound slowly, feeling Lucifer’s gaze lingering on me. When my eyes landed on his abs, I gulped and looked away. This was no time to be checking him out.

He chuckled a bit and I knew he knew that I was checking him out. However, I decided to pointedly ignore him. “We better get going,” I said, as I was trying to avoid eye contact, “Cindy and Aaron will be getting worried.”

He nodded, unable to hide the little grin from surfacing. He tried to get up on his own, but stumbled on his unstable feet. He fell back down and I let out a groan. “Are you okay?” I asked.

“Does it look like I’m okay?” He retorted.

“Weren’t you supposed to be all healed and stuff?” I asked, scrunching up my eyebrows.

“Help me up, will you?” He said instead of replying to my question.

“Well…” I prodded him as I wrapped one arm around his waist and he hung his arm on my shoulders. I tried to direct my thoughts away from my hands being on his abs, but it wasn’t working very well.

“Jeez Sally, that wound was fatal, you know that right? It is going to take some time before I’m back in full health,” he said with a roll of his eyes.

“Um, care to define how long?” I asked just as we reached the park. “We have to get back soon, before more spirits find us.”

“He killed my mom, Sally,” Lucifer suddenly blurted out.

I froze in my tracks. “What?” I asked stupidly.

“Satan, my father,” he spat as if the words were acid to his tongue, “paid the spirit to kill my mom.”