Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The next morning I woke up with one of my leg sticking out of the bed and the other one stretched across the bed. My face was buried deep in the pillow, and I felt a strong arm on my back. I knitted my eyes in confusion, and lifted my head for a moment only to see Lucifer’s face buried in the pillow as well, his mouth agape and drooling.

I froze in shock for a moment, trying to think of plausible reasons as to why I was in Lucifer’s bed. After a few moments of panic, yesterday’s memory came hurtling back to me. I sighed and dropped my head back on the pillow.

I giggled a bit when I studied Lucifer’s drooling face. He looked quite adorable when he wasn’t constantly worrying or serious. Deciding it was time to wake up, I tried to get out of the bed as slowly and silently as I could; however, it looked like luck wasn’t on my side.

In an attempt to get out of med, I ended up almost tripping and falling face first on the floor and kicking Lucifer in the stomach in the process.

“Ouch! What the hell?” He asked, looking around in bewilderment. I chuckled at his expression, causing him to glare straight at me.

This time, I burst into hysterical laughter: “Dude, your face!”

He scowled at me, before getting up and looking around once again. He peered down at me once again, whereas I made no move to get off the floor.

“What are you doing down there?” He asked, half curious, half amused.

“I fell,” was all I said. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, I decided to ask, “What do you have planned today?”

He was about to reply, when something crossed his eyes. He looked down, and I could almost sense the overwhelming sadness radiating from him. He was thinking of Nate. “You choose,” he said, monotonously.

“Can we go back to earth? I kind of have something I want to check out over there…” He gave me a skeptical look, but shrugged nonetheless.

“Great!” I replied chirpily, “I’ll go get dressed and we’ll meet back in an hour.” He nodded and I forcefully skipped out of the room, trying to retain my good mood, which was dissipating quickly. But just before I left, I remembered something. I turned back to Lucifer and said in a sickly sweet voice “oh, and Lucifer,” he looked up at me curiously, “do not, and I repeat do NOT enter my room until I give you permission to do so!” And with that, I slammed the door shut and rushed into my own room.

I decided to go through my morning ordeals quickly. I took a quick shower (which was probably because I was scared a certain someone may end up in my room again), brushed my teeth and threw on some clothes. I contemplated whether or not to use the untouched makeup set lying on the dresser, but decided against it. It would take too much time; not to mention I was dead and invisible to the human world.

I stumbled in Lucifer’s room just as he was putting on his shirt. I looked down in embarrassment, trying to avoid his gaze. However, Lucifer didn’t notice a thing as he quickly pulled me inside.

“You ready?” he asked just he was putting his hands on my shoulders. I nodded, and with that we both teleported to a familiar park. I looked around, trying to find my bearings.

Without a second thought, I grabbed Lucifer’s hand, and tugged him in the familiar direction of my home. Thankfully, he didn’t question me. However, my insides were filled with nerves. I really didn’t know what I’d do if I had actually written that letter; it would inspire hope… a hope which would eventually lead to disappointment.

On the other hand, if I never had written that letter, I would be disappointed. After a mere few minutes, we reached my front porch. The lawn looked like a mess, and it seemed as if no one had left that house in ages.